"Inclusive" Leadership at Xbox Game Studios

Daps
What’s the difference:dahell:

The people in the video work directly for the actual game studios.

You know how people keep complaining about bad character creators and bad Black hair options in games, among other things? We need Black people with the capacity to make major decisions in the directions of games so they can prioritize representing us better in these games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The people in the video work directly for the actual game studios.

You know how people keep complaining about bad character creators and bad Black hair options in games, among other things? We need Black people with the capacity to make major decisions in the directions of games so they can prioritize representing us better in these games.
Yeah, I get what you mean.

Here’s the link I could find.
Microsoft’s 2021 Diversity & Inclusion report: Demonstrating progress and remaining accountable to our commitments - The Official Microsoft Blog

• Black and African American employees in our U.S. workforce comprise 3.9% of managers, 3.2% of directors, and 3.8% of partners + executives. At the executive level, representation increased by 1.9 percentage points over the past year to reach 5.6%.
. But you are correct in that these are just rolls at Microsoft, not necessarily creative rolls in gaming

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, I've known about her too. Like I said, I know of multiple Black women working for Xbox, but none that are running studios like the people in the video.
Her title is Principal Program Manager. She may not be leading a specific studio, but she definitely has influence over the direction of Microsoft studios games.

I get and agree with your overarching point. Was just saying saying there are some black women at Xbox in “leadership” rolls :manny: