In terms of movies, what should they do with the Superman character?

What should they do with the Superman franchise?

• Total voters

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
honestly i would replace cavill but i understand this is a touch decision to make
I would start the first one with the villain being braniac with Lex slowly in the background
2nd one is lex and metallo with parasite having a minor role. parasite would lose but lex would keep whatever's left of him. and make him slowly become bizzaro in the after credits
3rd one is bizzaro with braniac version 3 . Also we'll have kara zor el
Supergirl solo film with maybe another hero let's say stargirl for now
supergirl sequel with powergirl

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'll be honest, Snyderverse got shyt on, and rightfully so, but...but Man of Steel as an individual production is one of my top 5 best comicbook movies of the last 10 years. I loved the tone of it.. I wasn't even bothered by emo-Superman. My only issue was they killed Jonathan Kent off in such a stupid fashion. Future movies should've focused on Jonathan Kent showing Clark reasons to be humanity's savior. That could've been his Gladewater to being a less emo-Superman who came to accept his role and be more positive.

When they inevitably reboot, just start with Superman already in the public domain with no origin story.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i think a reboot that focuses on his childhood.. teen hood.. that ends with him dawning the suit.. could be PG-13 but show feats

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There’s a rumor going around that Cavill signed an MCU contract along with Denzel Washington and Giancarlo Esposito and their roles will be announced at D23 this Saturday.

If true, it’s time to reboot the DC Universe and Superman. I would like it if they put him in The Batman’s timeline as a young and comic accurate, always optimistic, Boy Scout type (like Captain America) and skip the origin story.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
1. Settle on a Superman actor whether its Henry Cavill or someone new.
2. Hire a director+writer with a distinct vision and affinity for the character.
3. Use one of the countless good Superman stories from the comics as the reference point for the movie.
3. Make the fukking movie.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
One thing I’ll never understand. They can CGI all kinds of ships, alien planets, armor, goblins, racc00n but the \S/ shield on the cape is too hard?

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
QzfCndK.png

:banderas:

Just give me the ball and get out of my way