In terms of movies, what should they do with the Superman character?

What should they do with the Superman franchise?

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Out of all the top superheros, Superman might be the most wasted one right now in terms of movie potential.

I'd say Man of Steel is the only good Superman movie released in my lifetime, and I'm in well into my 30s. Batman v Superman wasn't really good, the 2000 Superman with Brandon Routh was mid as fukk to me, and the other ones came out before I was born (other than Superman IV which came out when I was an infant). It's a travesty that they never did a Man of Steel sequel IMO. So for such an iconic character, he doesn't have a lot of good movies.

It's understandable because a lot of people view Supes as a character that modern audiences will think is corny.

But if it was up to you, what would you do with the Franchise?

Another Man of Steel movie with Henry Cavill? Reboot the franchise and start over? Should they do another origin or just start out with Superman already being Superman? Should be a more serious tone like Man of Steel or something more lighthearted? Or should he just be like Hulk and show up in other DC movies but not get another solo for a while?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I'm a comic book dude.

I consider the comics as the "real" world when it comes to media.

They need to do a movie about the real Superman. The one from Superman TAS, Justice League/Unlimited if you need a version to focus on.

Superman is happy to be Superman. He has hope and he's always trying to be there for everyone. He encourages and he gives the benefit of the doubt. And he saves EVERYONE. He doesn't let buildings collapse on people.

Batman can be dour and sulky. Wonder Woman can be a hard edge warrior. Super has gotta be that almost corny Pollyanna.

That's what got us here to the point where he's damn near 100. Different versions through the years but one solid core.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
BLACK SUPERMAN.

Naw we need a Black Superman movie that deals with how the world (c00ns, cacs, Wenches, Bucks, Pro blacks, blue checks, black bourgeoise, Amerikkka, CIA, KGB etc) would react to a Black Man being the most powerful man on the planet and what that black man would do with his power :mjpls:

It would be a CLASSIC.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
But if they do another story about CAC Kent.

Then they should base it off the Superman from the Justice League show.

That Superman wasn't depressed, conflicted and hated like Cavill's but wasn't a pure corny unrealistic boyscout and actually showed realistic emotions. That Superman showed anger and elements of even wanting revenge. But still NEVER compromised the Superman ideals. Which would work for everyone.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I'm a comic book dude.

I consider the comics as the "real" world when it comes to media.

They need to do a movie about the real Superman. The one from Superman TAS, Justice League/Unlimited if you need a version to focus on.

Superman is happy to be Superman. He has hope and he's always trying to be there for everyone. He encourages and he gives the benefit of the doubt. And he saves EVERYONE. He doesn't let buildings collapse on people.

Batman can be dour and sulky. Wonder Woman can be a hard edge warrior. Super has gotta be that almost corny Pollyanna.

That's what got us here to the point where he's damn near 100. Different versions through the years but one solid core.

You don’t like a dour, mopey, charisma-less Superman? Who helps people with the same energy as a kid being told to clean his room?

He actually acted liked Superman in Josstice League, but it was such a shyt show by then that it didn’t matter

Daps
We already discussed this in TLR