In less than a year, the Nintendo Switch is set to surpass the Wii U's lifetime sales

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
More of an indictment of just how shytty the Wii U was, rather than an indication of just how awesome the Switch is.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I know Nintendo doesn't make them anymore, but what are the chances of the Wii U's price dropping at online retailers? I would like to try it out but looks like it's still full retail price, if not more.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I honestly didn't even hear about the Wii u until years after it came out.

shytty marketing

Their messaging when they revealed the Wii U was so bad. I remember being on several gaming forums during the E3 presentation and when they showed the Wii U, everyone had the same exact reactions.

"Wii U is the shyttiest name I've ever heard."
"Is this a Wii add on?"
"Where's the console?"
"Why do the games still look like Wii games?"

If Nintendo failed to convey the message of the Wii U to gaming enthusiast's, there was no way they were gonna have a shytty time trying to get the mass casual market on board.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their messaging when they revealed the Wii U was so bad. I remember being on several gaming forums during the E3 presentation and when they showed the Wii U, everyone had the same exact reactions.

"Wii U is the shyttiest name I've ever heard."
"Is this a Wii add on?"
"Where's the console?"
"Why do the games still look like Wii games?"

If Nintendo failed to convey the message of the Wii U to gaming enthusiast's, there was no way they were gonna have a shytty time trying to get the mass casual market on board.
While their marketing was abysmal, "Gamers" making those statements were mostly being facetious and wilfully ignorant.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
While their marketing was abysmal, "Gamers" making those statements were mostly being facetious and wilfully ignorant.

Forgot to mention that it wasn't just gamers either, the press, both mainstream and gaming were calling the Wii U an upgraded Wii. Even Fallon called it a Wii add on during The Tonight Show, right in front of Reggie and he didn't even bother to correct him.:snoop:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot to mention that it wasn't just gamers either, the press, both mainstream and gaming were calling the Wii U an upgraded Wii. Even Fallon called it a Wii add on during The Tonight Show, right in front of Reggie and he didn't even bother to correct him.:snoop:
Mainstream marketing for the wii u was terrible, and the name really didn't help but gaming enthusiasts should have known what it was

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I bought a Wii U. My first Nintendo console is the NES. Had a few good games but was a shytty console all around. My Mario 3D World and New Super Mario discs don't even work anymore and both are in pristine condition. fukk Nintendo.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't care what anybody says. I'll never sell my Wii U. People may shyt on it but the exclusive library alone makes it worth owning. Games like FE# were some of my favorites last generation and those won't get ported to the Switch without major reworking because of how the gamepad was used.