In hindsight, are you embarrassed about being tricked into the Odd Future hype?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All those overeducated think pieces in high minded places about how edgy they are and how subversive tyler was. when in reality they was just a bunch corny nerds making white boy hip hop with all that nihilism and angst. smh at the people the industry try to sell you. black music is righteous at the end of the day, take the righteousness out, and it becomes white music as far as i am concerned. White music is like Punk, a buch of spoiled brat kids angry at mommy and daddy. same with grunge. as black people, we should always reject this posture, and Odd Future was the first black people i see try and be white.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
no i saw through the bullshyt ad campaign about a half hour into it. trying to sell them off as being "the new wu-tang" which is a disgrace to journalism. yoiu couldnt go online without hearing about them, it was obvious they were frauds from jump on that front

these bloggers are just a way to get propaganda out

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
People will pretend it didn't happen, but the hype was ridiculous to the point of being flat out hilarious...for like 2 months last year they were built up as "the new Wu-Tang that is gonna completely revolutionize the rap game"...the Peter Rosenbergs of the world were like 13 year girls at a Bieber concert over them...

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yonkers was dope and had a cool video. Frank Ocean is the only person in the camp who's music I check for.

Like WatergunTalk said, how any over the age of 18 can be a fan of theirs like that is beyond me.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I never fall for hip hop hype and judge artists on their music. Too old for that. With that said, I think they make good music at times and everyone says their shows have a lot of energy. I don't go out of my way to listen to them but I don't have a problem with them at all. I see it as kids trying to have fun but I dont always get the humor/schtick.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All those overeducated think pieces in high minded places about how edgy they are and how subversive tyler was. when in reality they was just a bunch corny nerds making white boy hip hop with all that nihilism and angst. smh at the people the industry try to sell you. black music is righteous at the end of the day, take the righteousness out, and it becomes white music as far as i am concerned. White music is like Punk, a buch of spoiled brat kids angry at mommy and daddy. same with grunge. as black people, we should always reject this posture, and Odd Future was the first black people i see try and be white.

I guess I understand why you might say that but you're wrong. Listen to the Clash, Black Flag, Minor Threat, bands like that. It's as angry at the world as NWA is.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I liked them when they first came out. The creativity was there but that shyt got played out quick

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I guess I understand why you might say that but you're wrong. Listen to the Clash, Black Flag, Minor Threat, bands like that. It's as angry at the world as NWA is.

100% wrong. Punks and a lot of punk bands are dirty, poor, begging for money type muhfukkas who squat behind builders and in abandoned homes.

BAMBINO

100% pure uncut fukkery
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town

Punk comes from the streets. It became what you said tho, just like Hip Hop.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with them, but never saw the "revoloution" they were supposed to bring with them. I like them because they have their own sound that's chill yet dark at the same time. If you ever seen a video of their live preformances, it's unlike any hip hop act out there. I fukks with Mike G and Frank mostly. Tyler is good I just haven't bothered with Goblin. Domo is pretty good and Hodgy is wack. But I'm a young nikka anyway.

Problem with the internet rap fanbase is nikkas are so pressed to be part of a new wave that they'll overrate the fukk out of any new act. Within a month of Finally Famous 3 dropping Big Sean was all of a sudden better than Drake:weirdo:, and that tape was average as fukk.

nikkas just need to keep their head on their shoulders. The same way yall were "tricked into the Odd Future hype" is the same way yall dikkrode Diggy into irrelevance, betrayed Wale, morphed Wiz, sent Charles Hamilton's career to hell.

I'm already seeing the same manner of dikkriding going on with Kendrick and Joey Bada$$. Just enjoy the music.