In D.C., White Families Are on Average 81 Times Richer Than Black Ones

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
I hope this article isn't advocating more "programs" to put people in homes with who cannot afford to be in them or who did not work hard to get into a home. What will happen, as it did with the housing bust, is getting people into homes to finagle numbers followed by increased foreclosures and losses of ownership when the economy crashes and you and I have to pay for it. Home ownership starts with a understanding of basic economics and financial literacy which most Black people do not have. The partying and bullshyt from the 70s on have caught up with us.

Blacks in the District have a much higher unemployment rate, lower education rates, and are much more likely to have received a subprime mortgage.

By the mid-1930s the government began to lure white families out of public housing with federally insured mortgages that subsidized relocation to new single-family homes in the suburbs. With Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and then, after World War II, Veterans Administration (VA) guarantees, white middle-class families could buy suburban homes with little or no down payments and extended 30-year amortization schedules. Monthly charges were often less than rents the families had previously paid to housing authorities or private landlords.

In other words it's okay for whites to get a hand out in life but not for blacks, so much for financial literacy.:mjlol:

We're in the diaspora right? We're African 'Americans' correct?

Not sure what you may be confused about but check out the link below there's a lot of money flowing annually out of the US to Africa thanks to these immigration policies.

How the Civil Rights Movement Influenced U.S. Immigration Policy

Whatever it is you're needing more clarity on I'll try to answer....

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
In other words it's okay for whites to get a hand out in life but not for blacks, so much for financial literacy.:mjlol:

We're in the diaspora right? We're African 'Americans' correct?

Not sure what you may be confused about but check out the link below there's a lot of money flowing annually out of the US to Africa thanks to these immigration policies.

How the Civil Rights Movement Influenced U.S. Immigration Policy

Whatever it is you're needing more clarity on I'll try to answer....
I don't understand why Current African leaders/countries are responsible for African Americans or vice versa. Also AAs are not entitled to any remittances from any immigrants

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Stunning to say the least. With Howard University and the university of District columbia, you figured there would be more black folks entering the lucrative government positions. Really upsetting.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stunning to say the least. With Howard University and the university of District columbia, you figured there would be more black folks entering the lucrative government positions. Really upsetting.

As i said on the 1st page...most blacks in the region with money live outside the city (PG county, Montgomery county, Charles county) and i explained why the poorest blacks in the region tend to stay in the city.

The DC metro region has the highest per capita number of blacks the earn incomes of 200k+

Table 4: African-American Households with Incomes over $200,000 by Metro Area and Central City
(ACS 2006-8)

1 New York City 25,889 10,039
2 Washington DC 21,317 2,806
3 Los Angeles 11,109 2,751
4 Atlanta 7,767 1,131
5 Chicago 7,012 3,133
6 Dallas 4,605 548
7 Houston 4,481 1,145
8 Philadelphia 4,414 999
9 Detroit 3,742 1,322
10 Baltimore 3,725 602
11 Miami 3,139 111
12 Oakland 3,014 806
13 Boston 2,165 590
14 Charlotte 1,828 970
15 Orlando 1,278 256
16 Tampa 1,263 383
17 Cleveland 1,204 244
18 San Diego 1,189 758
19 Sacramento 1,174 258
20 Raleigh 1,133 251

And 2 out of the top 5 counties in the country with the most blacks that earn 200k+ incomes are counties that border DC

Table 5: The Thirty-Three Counties in the United States with the Largest Number of Households earning over $200,000

1 Prince Georges MD 8,397
2 Los Angeles CA 7,489
3 Cook IL 5,020
4 Kings NY 4,490
5 Montgomery MD 2,894
6 Nassau NY 2,746
7 Harris TX 2,709
8 Queens NY 2,466
9 Fulton GA 2,445
10 Fairfax VA 2,437
11 Essex NJ 2,096
12 Manhattan NY 1,838
13 Dallas TX 1,806
14 Alameda CA 1,777
15 DeKalb GA 1,776
16 Westchester NY 1,741
17 Wayne MI 1,691
18 Broward FL 1,650
19 Prince William VA 1,487
20 Oakland MI 1,413
21 San Bernardino CA 1,307
22 Contra Costa CA 1,237
23 Mecklenburg NC 1,223
24 Howard MD 1,216
25 San Diego CA 1,189
26 Riverside CA 1,123
27 Union NJ 1,104
28 Miami-Dade FL 1,051
29 Bergen NJ 1,049
30 Orange CA 1,046
31 Bronx NY 1,021
32 Tarrant TX 1,017
33 Loudoun VA 1,011

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
As i said on the 1st page...most blacks in the region with money live outside the city (PG county, Montgomery county, Charles county) and i explained why the poorest blacks in the region tend to stay in the city.

The DC metro region has the highest per capita number of blacks the earn incomes of 200k+

And 2 out of the top 5 counties in the country with the most blacks that earn 200k+ incomes are counties that border DC

Do you have the links for these?

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Let's not lose sight of the shore here that's a hell of a statistic regardless of which way it's looked at, D.C. is not some small town devoid of high earning blacks, I think we'd all be hard pressed to find anything near antithetical.

Like the article mentions this is not just the case in D.C. whites have been in their prestigious careers earning more for much longer than their black counterparts. That's not to take into account the wealth that has been inherited throughout generations which the vast majority of African Americans don't have. Earning over 200k is great for any household but that doesn't negate non-Hispanic whites being 85 percent of those households while blacks are at about 3 percent. Non-Hispanic whites represent about 60 percent of the population while blacks are at about 13 percent.

We know how whites got wealthy... the question should be if we really aren't 228 years behind whites in the racial wealth gap in this country 'what exactly did we do to narrow the gap to the point of it being a non issue?'

Whites didn't stop entering prestigious careers or quit inheriting stolen wealth over the years and to my knowledge we haven't received reparations so there's really no genuine reason to believe we're anywhere close to wealth equality en masse.

I did find this quite interesting :ehh:

The Highest Income Neighborhoods of the Washington Metro Area

The 68 Higley 1000 neighborhoods are overwhelmingly Non-Hispanic White with strong Asian-American representation. Although Non-Hispanic Whites made-up 60.3% of the Metro area’s households, they made up 87.7% of the Higley 1000 households. The African-American household representation in the wealthiest precincts of metro Washington is negligible at 1.99%.

The highest income neighborhoods are heavily concentrated geographically. Of the 68 Higley 1000 neighborhoods in DC, all but 4 neighborhoods march up both shores of the Potomac River. There are 9 Higley 1000 neighborhoods in the District, 31 in Montgomery County, and 28 in Virginia. All of the Virginian Higley 1000 neighborhoods are found in Fairfax County (26) and Arlington (2).

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
I don't understand why Current African leaders/countries are responsible for African Americans or vice versa. Also AAs are not entitled to any remittances from any immigrants

Why would african americans be entitled to remittances going into Africa? :wtf:

What I'm talking about is reciprocity, everyone from Senegal to Mozambique can benefit here today off the struggles of African Americans but contrarily there's nothing outside of cordiality available for African Americans to benefit from. I guess if put into a more historical context it could make a bit more sense but African nations far and wide today don't seem to have any problem taking advantage of the various immigration policies. One could make a case against current African leadership or those of the distant past.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Why would african americans be entitled to remittances going into Africa? :wtf:

What I'm talking about is reciprocity, everyone from Senegal to Mozambique can benefit here today off the struggles of African Americans but contrarily there's nothing outside of cordiality available for African Americans to benefit from. I guess if put into a more historical context it could make a bit more sense but African nations far and wide today don't seem to have any problem taking advantage of the various immigration policies. One could make a case against current African leadership or those of the distant past.
I guess I'm confused as to what you're suggesting. I know ghana and Liberia allow citizenship for African Americans tho

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
I guess I'm confused as to what you're suggesting. I know ghana and Liberia allow citizenship for African Americans tho

Yea I hear ya... kinda sucks there's so many stipulations to getting back into a house you were involuntarily took from. I'm sure one requirement is no criminal history that would eliminate the likes of Assata Shakur and Mumia Abu Jamal.

Dip let me know about any other countries I'm always thrilled to hear the good news.

sidenote.
I'm curious if it's really true Rita Marley is the only person who's been admitted through Ghana's right to abode program?

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad black people aren't even TRYING to compete with cacs in DC :mjlol:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Poor Blacks in DC (and yes the majority work) if they get any government money it is pennies in regular welfare TANF or food stamps

Whites in DC have mastered getting that real welfare (federal contracts and lobbying). Same source, bigger trough. A lot of that DC money isn't old white businesses at all. If the government collapsed they would be screwed as bad as us.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Not just in DC. But yes it's believable because there's a huge wealth gap. A lot of dudes on the coli believe that because they work at the same job with Craig that he and Craig have the same amount of wealth. It's because they don't understand the difference between salary and wealth, or what generational wealth is.

I posted a thread about how long it would take black ppl to catch up with whites wealth-wise and believe it or not Latinos are ahead of us. But instead of listening a lot of nikkas will just say this is "propaganda" and continue being delusional about reality.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Not just in DC. But yes it's believable because there's a huge wealth gap. A lot of dudes on the coli believe that because they work at the same job with Craig that he and Craig have the same amount of wealth. It's because they don't understand the difference between salary and wealth, or what generational wealth is.

I posted a thread about how long it would take black ppl to catch up with whites wealth-wise and believe it or not Latinos are ahead of us. But instead of listening a lot of nikkas will just say this is "propaganda" and continue being delusional about reality.

A lot believe because they work with or live around white people that they have the same amount of wealth. I used to think that too. I thought because I was middle class that I was in the same wealth bracket as white ppl. They have a huge head start and a "good job" working for them isn't comparable to it. Can't pass your good job down to your kids and the job doesn't mean much in the end if you still dont own businesses.