In a strange twist of fate, Sony's making more PS4's while MS is discontinuing the XB1

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
what's the twist?

one has demand ...the other doesn't!:skip:

there's no console war and hasn't been one in 2 generations :pachaha:

people like court dog are hold outs who won't acknowledge reality like flying a rebel flag after losing a war. defiant to the bitter end.

THE SOWF WILL RISE AGAIN!!! :mjlol:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If X1s were selling they'd still keep making em too. :mjlol:

PS3s were manufuctured for 11 years.
PS2s were made for 12 years.

umadyoufurious.jpg
:russ::russ::russ:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If X1s were selling they'd still keep making em too. :mjlol:

PS3s were manufuctured for 11 years.
PS2s were made for 12 years.

umadyoufurious.jpg

Nah yall will forever eat this crow after this board crucified MS for being up front about their cross-gen strategy, while sipping the “we believe in generations” kool aid from Sony, who ultimately turned around and did the exact same thing, even moreso that MS now:umad:

There’s also much irony to be had in the fact that Sony’s most anticipated game of the year in God of War Ragnorak is cross gen while Starfield is Series X/S exclusive, but i digress:youngsabo:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
PS4 still cost $300 after 8 years. probably cost them $50 to make at this point. a no brainer since people will continue buying PS4's if the PS5 remains scarce.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
No one is buying Xbox Ones so:yeshrug:
I thought the point of the thread is that Sony clearly said they believe in generations.

One would reasonably assume that they would be drawing a clear line of future support instead mudding the water and changing their mission statement.

No one is buying Xbox ones?

Okay. That's cool. But people own it, and Xbox has said they want to preserve that user base movement forward for a few years.

Thread is pointing out Sony's hypocrisy.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought the point of the thread is that Sony clearly said they believe in generations.

One would reasonably assume that they would be drawing a clear line of future support instead mudding the water and changing their mission statement.

No one is buying Xbox ones?

Okay. That's cool. But people own it, and Xbox has said they want to preserve that user base movement forward for a few years.

Thread is pointing out Sony's hypocrisy.
Believing in generations to the extent of cutting production on a console that’s still selling, when they can’t produce enough of the current gen console? Shareholders would revolt

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Believing in generations to the extent of cutting production on a console that’s still selling, when they can’t produce enough of the current gen console? Shareholders would revolt
You're right.

This is all you and I would have needed to hear in that board room as not to look foolish a year later when we do a press release saying we are producing more ps4s.

You and I should have those cushy jobs, breh. :salute:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Believing generations != completely cutting current gen off, money talks :manny:
I’ll agree tho, it’s disingenuous marketing speak throwing shots at the Series S
Nah, to this point they’ve done nothing to show they actually believe in generations other than charging money for next gen upgrades and locking the DS5 controller to the PS5.

Basically they believe in generations(as long as it makes them money)