in 2024, i never thought autotune would still be a thing. i thought people would've been tired of it

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
i was listening to the radio today while i was out and about running some errands just because it'd been a while since i had and i heard two songs back to back with autotune

im shocked nikkas still love this shyt

to think, t pain started using that shyt back in 05' and 19 years later, nikkas still stuck on it

shyt has fractured both r&b and hip hop a great deal.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Artists used to use the vocoder and talkbox for the same distorted effects. So it's something people always like tbh. :yeshrug:Autotune was always used in the back to correct vocals tho.

I don't know what kind of "settings" each go by, but there's certain autotune distortions that I like and some that I hate. It can make or break a song.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Artists used to use the vocoder for the same distorted effect. So it's something people always like tbh. :yeshrug:Autotune was always used in the back to correct vocals tho.

I don't know what kind of "settings" each go by, but there's certain autotune distortions that I like and some that I hate. It can make or break a song.

that and the talk box

but here's the thing, it didn't override the real vocals

now we got people who can't sing or rap using it, to mask their lack of talent and then the back hand that is, even the talented artists are relying on it

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I turn the song off if I hear a new rapper sounding like Uzi and them in 2024. I can’t do it. Lol.

it sounds like their rapping under water or some shyt,. vocals all distorted and it just sounds like noise :russ:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
OP I seen in another thread some1 said u were stuck in 2004 time loop; they might be right if you hearing that out your FM speakers RN :dead:

i get that nobody listens to the radio anymore, but believe it or not, i got a radio in my trunk, so occasionally, i listen to fm radio just to see what'[s up

and autotune is still relevant with these new artists, so your statement ain't really holding weight. you might be the one stuck in time, thinking auto tune is a thing of the past. lol

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
i get that nobody listens to the radio anymore, but believe it or not, i got a radio in my trunk, so occasionally, i listen to fm radio just to see what'[s up

and autotune is still relevant with these new artists, so your statement ain't really holding weight. you might be the one stuck in time, thinking auto tune is a thing of the past. lol

Name names. Cause I do listen to FM.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Name names. Cause I do listen to FM.

i don't know who i was listening to on the radio

im damn near 40 bruh, i don't know more than half the names in hip hop now. that shyt has passed me by

i see threads on here for rappers, i ain't never heard of

i feel old too, becausre the names be like "TRU100%THORO" and im like, "who the fukk is this?!" lol

you know more than i do.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I am tired of it.

Took about 3 songs for me to start to hate it.

People like me don't know what the fukc these kids doing cause I ignore pop rap now.

Like.. I have NO IDEA who these new cats are and I'm proud of that.

Only time I learn about them is when they crash out or get got

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
i don't know who i was listening to on the radio

im damn near 40 bruh, i don't know more than half the names in hip hop now. that shyt has passed me by

i see threads on here for rappers, i ain't never heard of

i feel old too, becausre the names be like "TRU100%THORO" and im like, "who the fukk is this?!" lol

you know more than i do.

My bad breh I am 2....I just came from the swizz beats slander thread and got smoke for anybody who's insuating everything wack cause its not 1992.

I appreciate that shyt even tho it wasn't our era; and they don't appreciate our era. :pacspit:

I've had enuff. :damn:

you my guy love chatting with u :cheers: