Immanuel Quickley intends to sign a five-year, $175 million deal to return to the Toronto Raptors,

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
35 million a year for Quickley?

25 million a year I could see but 35 seems too rich. I guess they’re paying that extra 10 million a year based off the hope he maximizes his potential but this is a crazy deal for a guy who’s never averaged 20 ppg

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Dude's getting paid based off how he's perceived rather than his actual play

Dude's a solid spark plug 6th man, not a foundational franchise player...in my opinion anyway
Foundational franchise player money is already at $60m per and will hit $80m in a few years with SGAs new extension.

This is just the cost of having a good young player you and the rest of the league believe can ascend in a larger role. It's essentially "we think you can be really good with higher usage" player money with the new TV deal coming :pachaha:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Foundational franchise player money is already at $60m per and will hit $80m in a few years with SGAs new extension.

This is just the cost of having a good young player you and the rest of the league believe can ascend in a larger role. It's essentially "we think you can be really good with higher usage" player money with the new TV deal coming :pachaha:
Right, but that's what I said, it's a perception based deal.

Didn't pascal get a similar deal? I feel like he could've just stayed, idk.
18/7/5 as a starter this year
22/5/5 as a starter last year

He can play and is young.
He's good

But he's not 2nd/3rd best player on your team for a deep playoff run good. Which is what you're wanting a player to be on a contract like this.