I'm sorry but I'm just absolutely not watching ANY of the Star wars computer animated shyt to understand their tv shows

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Bad batch
Clone wars
Rebels
Etc..

I'm not reading the books either.

It's actually WORSE than marvel expecting you to watch every movie to get context. Clone wars has seven fukking seasons of 20 episodes. Nah breh. Plus the animation style is wack as shyt...but they'll introduce a character that's SO IMPORTANT and fans will be like "OMFG GOD THATS THE JABBERWOCKY NEBUCHADNEZZAR :mindblown: I can't believe it..."

:dahell: I mean he looks cool, whatever...

star wars is wild with this shyt. I just saw a 2 hour 25 minute podcast titled "Ashoka primer list" like damn, the pre show context cliff notes is almost Oppenheimer length???

Can I just not care and enjoy your show? Why does MCU get all the heat for this when star wars is way worse?

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
You're right about the animation. It always felt to me like were basically seeing how cheap they could go with the budgets. It's a testament to the quality of the writing that Clone Wars was great in spite of it.

As far as everything else? It's Disney. They spent billions to get two of the most popular creative houses in cultural existence under their roof. They're not just going to step on the product to stretch it out to recoup that money...they're going to riverdance all over everything. Guaranteed. Bad Batch so far is pretty much by-the-numbers and Rebels is barely serviceable until later seasons when Maul and Ahsoka show up.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You're right about the animation. It always felt to me like were basically seeing how cheap they could go with the budgets. It's a testament to the quality of the writing that Clone Wars was great in spite of it.

As far as everything else? It's Disney. They spent billions to get two of the most popular creative houses in cultural existence under their roof. They're not just going to step on the product to stretch it out to recoup that money...they're going to riverdance all over everything. Guaranteed. Bad Batch so far is pretty much by-the-numbers and Rebels is barely serviceable until later seasons when Maul and Ahsoka show up.
I actually TRIED with clone wars. Multiple times. The kiddy voice work and the lazy animation just took me out of it. It just isn't for me...

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad batch
Clone wars
Rebels
Etc..

I'm not reading the books either.

It's actually WORSE than marvel expecting you to watch every movie to get context. Clone wars has seven fukking seasons of 20 episodes. Nah breh. Plus the animation style is wack as shyt...but they'll introduce a character that's SO IMPORTANT and fans will be like "OMFG GOD THATS THE JABBERWOCKY NEBUCHADNEZZAR :mindblown: I can't believe it..."

:dahell: I mean he looks cool, whatever...

star wars is wild with this shyt. I just saw a 2 hour 25 minute podcast titled "Ashoka primer list" like damn, the pre show context cliff notes is almost Oppenheimer length???

Can I just not care and enjoy your show? Why does MCU get all the heat for this when star wars is way worse?
You better watch

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yes.

This thread is weird, people nerd out with every property known to mankind and Star Wars is one of the nerdiest, but that does not mean you wont able to enjoy shyt because you don't know every single detail.

When Ezra comes up in Ahsoka, if you didn't see Rebels you still will understand who he is and why he's part of the plot, regardless of people going :krs: :blessed: at the mention of the character because they know him.

Star Wars as a whole is simple as fukk as a story, you don't need much of anything to enjoy it.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yes.

This thread is weird, people nerd out with every property known to mankind and Star Wars is one of the nerdiest, but that does not mean you wont able to enjoy shyt because you don't know every single detail.

When Ezra comes up in Ahsoka, if you didn't see Rebels you still will understand who he is and why he's part of the plot, regardless of people going :krs: :blessed: at the mention of the character because they know him.

Star Wars as a whole is simple as fukk as a story, you don't need much of anything to enjoy it.
So me bot knowing who or giving a shyt yet about Thrawne, which I don't, shouldn't take any enjoyment out of the series'...that the "big reveal" will not be missed 🤔

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So me bot knowing who or giving a shyt yet about Thrawne, which I don't, shouldn't take any enjoyment out of the series'...that the "big reveal" will not be missed 🤔
It shouldn't. Thrawn itself is a character that has been retconned so even the people that go :blessed: at him being a villain might be coming at it from two different perspectives :pachaha:

Everything you need to know about Thrawn will be explained on the TV show. "He's a bad guy and here's why".

If anything, all the prior stuff from the animated shows is something that will be there for newer fans to :ohhh: and check it out. Not as a barrier for people to not enjoy stuff like Ahsoka :manny:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I never did like the animated stuff. It felt like it was for kids. Not just the animation style but also the way it was designed as a series.

Never appealed to me so in some cases, I’m out the loop with a good amount of characters even though I might be slightly familiar with them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t speak for the other shows, but Clone Wars eventually gets really good.

Clone Wars is the only Star Wars project outside of Episodes 1-6 to remain canon after Disney bought Lucasfilm since George Lucas himself was involved. The series does a good job of bridging episodes 2 and 3 while humanizing the clones and making Anakin’s friendship with Obi Wan and his eventual heel turn make sense.

This thread really highlights the way Star Wars has fallen off as a brand since Disney ruined the sequels and milked the property to death. We should all be marking out over Star Wars (:krs:), but the market is so flooded that Star Wars doesn’t feel special anymore.
There’s not much reason to care when we already know that everything is leading up to the sequels, which is a narrative and creative dead end. Every character with any real draw is just going to fade to obscurity, die or have their legacy tainted by the end.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I don't think Disney cares :skip:

But Ahsoka doesn't seem like it's going to be something that requires a historical knowledge to enjoy. The story is pretty simple, a former Jedi that was once an apprentice to Anakin Skywalker is on a quest to find someone and picks up old friends along the way. Basic stuff is told in the trailers, and will probably be recapped and explained during the show.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Yeah dont watch that shyt. We gotta stop rewarding disney for all this interconnected nonsense. they do that shyt so the story can be half assed and stretched out in each project

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
youre tripping on this one. Clone wars was a million an episode out of lucas own pockets. They also come in 4 story archs. Ahsoka in the last season of clone wars was FIRE.

Rebels was dope but the animation was cheap. But i would ask what the 10 most important episodes are and just watch those.