“I’m Proud That My Wife Is White”. - Hubert Davis On Being UNC Coach

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
If he wanted to placate the boosters, all he had to do was switch up the language a little bit and it wouldn’t sound so c00nish :mjlol:

“You know I was taught to judge a person’s character. My wife’s white and together we’ve raised three beautiful children that represent how much of a melting pot this country is ”

The phrase “I’m proud my wife is white” is god awful.

On another note, Go to hell, Carolina.:pacspit:
Exactly how he should have said it

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
If ur name is hubert ur destiny is to marrry a cracker

thumbs_hubertlesliedavis.jpg

:hhh:

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
Dayum. Did somebody ask him a question to elicit this type of response? :what:
Once again, somebody gon have to break this shyt down for me. What is so special about white people or non-blk people? Blk men and blk women who view them as trophies are baffling to me.
This guy is a c00n, but it seems obvious to me that he wasn't trying to say, "I am proud of my white wife because marrying a white woman is such an honor." He was trying to say, "I'm black, but I don't resent white people. My wife is white and my kids are half white, and I see our family as a bridge between the two communities". Or something. He is just stupid and it came out horrible.

Imagine a white guy with a black wife was receiving a prestigious post from a black organization and said he was proud of his black wife...he is trying to be political.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
This guy is a c00n, but it seems obvious to me that he wasn't trying to say, "I am proud of my white wife because marrying a white woman is such an honor." He was trying to say, "I'm black, but I don't resent white people. My wife is white and my kids are half white, and I see our family as a bridge between the two communities". Or something. He is just stupid and it came out horrible.

Imagine a white guy with a black wife was receiving a prestigious post from a black organization and said he was proud of his black wife...he is trying to be political.
Aahhhh gotcha. I didn’t view the clip. Yeah I think that angle is unnecessary for blacks politically because due to historical precedence it just makes them look like white sycophants.
The optics are horrible.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was just stupid to say.

almost like he was looking for white approval and acceptance because he has a cac wife

This is the life of a bedbuck/bedwench.

Hypersensitivity to the feelings of their white partner. I don't know if she would have,but in his mind he was worried his wife would be upset by him taking too much pride in being black. Many cacs who have black partners have deep insecurities on whether they are enough for their black partner. And if they can truly satisfy every part of their black partner. Can't even celebrate being black because you don't want some cac to feel left out:snoop:.

But if he can coach so be it,ain't like alot of the players ain't bedbucks and colorist too.