I'm Malcom X.. I'm 2pac: Saigon Addresses Rick Ross & Other Rapper Issues!

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
[ame=http://soundcloud.com/sohhdotcom/saigon-interview-snippet]Saigon Interview - Snippet by SOHH.com on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

:smh:

this nikka is full of shyt..

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
Thats a song about the dumb things a guy does for ass. Atleast Saigon went in to speak on it unlike Martin Luther King who just cheated on his wife while waving the flag of faith.

I know you not tryna to spin this song into some conscious shyt.

And you try to drag Martin Luther King's name down in the dirt with this clown? Yeah Dr. King was an adulterer, but he actually knew what the fukk he was talking about when he opened his mouth.

Saigon is just another smart dumb motherfukker. Listen to how he talks, he sound just as ignorant as the rappers he tries to call out.

Yeah we need more leaders, but not if they gonna act like this fool

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This.

What he is saying is 100% right. The perpetuation of ignorance within Black culture is dumbing down our successive generations. Little kids have no business singing the lyrics to songs like "Birthday Cake", I cannot possibly fathom how anyone could disagree with that.

And the whole "parents should monitor..."....that's an EASY answer. Of course some parents monitor what their kids see/hear, but only WHEN that parent is around. They're not with their kid 24/7 - at school, at sports practice, at any other place where parents NEED to send their kids in order to promote healthy social skills - so it's impossible to filter out all things deemed negative. Further, throwing it ALL on the parents shirks the culpability of the artist. And I'm not of the belief that artists don't have a responsibility with their craft.

But that's just me.

Well then as parents people need to TEACH THEIR KIDS to differentiate between :

1. What is or Isn't Good For Them
2. The difference between Reality and Entertainment
3. And to learn to think for themselves

I don't think there is some massive conspiracy going on that's "Deeper than rap". I think people genuinely just want something to scapegoat.
I would imagine most of you had some sort of foresight or understanding of whether or not sh1t was good for you at a young age.
But then again I've seen my peers do dumb sh1t regularly even after repeated warnings,programs in schools against it etc.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
it's not like a 3-year-old should be listening to sai's music either.. sai would be the first rapper to diss another rapper for making content suitable for a 3-year-old.. i like sai, BOUGHT his gsnt album and will BUY gsnt II when it comes out.. .however, he shouldn't act like he isn't a part of the same system and making songs that are about the same subject matter as the rappers he's speaking on... granted, he may not "glorify" these things, he still speaks very explicitly about them...