I'm making the transition to the master race :blessed:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Picked this up for $700

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming (7567)

Bought a 4 TB hard drive to resolve the storage issue for $100

:blessed:

Now of course these specs are trash compared to the super high-end rigs out there, but I'm just getting my feet wet brehs. I have a XBOX One X to help the transition from console to PC, but I really feel like the X was the last console I'll ever buy.

I played Gears on this thing with my xbox controller bluetooth'd to the laptop, and it was just :wow:

I'm disappointed it took me so long to see the light, but I was blinded by my XBOX fanboyism. Luckily though I'll still be able to play with the XBOX homies for the next few years while I transition to PC.

In two years I'll begin to build a rig piece by piece that can hang with the best of them...that way when the next new consoles drop ill be able to skip Bayless scoff:skip:at the specs like the rest of the master race brehs.

So what say you Coli? Did I make a good decision or nah? I needed a new laptop because my previous one was manufactured in 2009 and it was literally falling apart lol. It was a Dell though and even though people think Macs last forever my trusty ol' Dell lasted a whopping NINE YEARS so I'd say I got my money's worth (it retailed at $1200 though...it was a DELL XPS STUDIO 16)

I got 14 days to take it back if I find a better deal but for less than $800 idk how I can beat it :manny:

PC Master race brehs lettuce rejoice in being holier than thou in a world of plebian console players

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well, the 1050ti isn't the gpu I'd get, but for $700, at 1080p, that's a pretty good deal.

If you wanna really be apart of the pc gang, you're gonna have to get a desktop. That's what I'd work on next. But, anyway, welcome :win:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Well, the 1050ti isn't the gpu I'd get, but for $700, at 1080p, that's a pretty good deal.

If you wanna really be apart of the pc gang, you're gonna have to get a desktop. That's what I'd work on next. But, anyway, welcome :win:

Yeah I noticed the GPU's restraints when I tried to play FFXV demo :mjcry: Remember though I went budget buy for my first time because I have the One X to hang with the big dogs. That can handle all the new games for now while I get used to the CPU world. The laptop can be used to catch up on older PC-only piff while still being able to handle most current games on medium settings. I bought a laptop for the portability while still providing decent power. Looks beautiful on my OLED

Is game pirating a thing without a VPN? You may need to Pass the Mustard to reply but I only really planned on purchasing multiplayer games if you get my drift.
Made the transition as well :dame:
Got this thing for 1149.:blessed:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienw...ne-memory-epic-silver/6155310.p?skuId=6155310

Mine should be here on Thursday. Got sick of consoles and how restricted they are. I need freedom and the PC offers it.

I'm with you bro. I think having a decently-powered laptop for portability and a powerhouse tower at the crib is the way to go. I'll be working on my tower in a year or two but I just spent over $3,000 in electronics in like 2-3 months so I'm about to chill out for a lil while lol
My Dell XPS M1530 is on 10 years still going strong, #XPSGANG :salute:

Good luck with the Inspiron

Man bro I always thought Inspiron was second-tier to the XPS/STUDIO lineup but coming from my old XPS STUDIO to this is just so refreshing :wow: I'm sure the XPS is still better but all of them are going for over $1000 and I think the graphics card is still inferior.

At any rate, way to hang in there bro:salute: #DellGang we here

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For you new pc gamers, lemme say a few things:

Use 3DMark to benchpress your GPU shyt
Use PCmark to test your CPU
Use Aida64 to determine how your overclock is (or just heat management, in general).

Benchmarking is a mainstay in the PC world. Get with it, or be a casual :manny:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
PC gaming on a laptop :hhh:
We all have to start at some point. From being at this board since 2012, it appears the console gamers seem to buy laptops as their first "pcgang" shyt. They will learn though. A laptop ain't pushing 4K, ultra, 60fps. :manny:

It's a start though. They'll learn :manny:
Alienware 17 R4 17.3 LCD Gaming Notebook Intel Core i7 7th Gen i7 7820HK Quad core 4 Core 2.90 GHz 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM 1 TB HDD 256 GB SSD Windows 10 Home 64 bit English 2560 x 1440 Twisted nematic TN Epic Silver by Office Depot & OfficeMax

Hell yall got against laptops :dahell: Clearly it costs a helluva lot less to eat good with the tower, but if you got the dollar you do what you want when you poppin.

Now that I think about it though I DONT have the dollar lol. How much more power could I get if I took this back and built a tower with $700 though? I'm wondering if it's even worth it though because like I said before I still would like a laptop for the portability.....but if I can get 4k 60+fps with $700 then:patrice:

Last edited: