I'm developing a Black Hair care Product...need some feedback

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It's our market. We should/will be taking over our own domain.

With education and awareness, we can create and own our own market. As it should be.

The issues at hand are 2 things 1. We always sell out to the highest bidder or 2. We do not innovate. You have historically black Hair Care companies like Bronner Brothers who are still stuck in the 1970s yet 100% black owned, then the new modern companies who sell out fast to the highest bidder. In all reality black folks should control everything that comes with hair care targeted to us besides maybe weave.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
The issues at hand are 2 things 1. We always sell out to the highest bidder or 2. We do not innovate. You have historically black Hair Care companies like Bronner Brothers who are still stuck in the 1970s yet 100% black owned, then the new modern companies who sell out fast to the highest bidder. In all reality black folks should control everything that comes with hair care targeted to us besides maybe weave.

Duly noted. I'll give you this tidbit about my approach. 1. I'm not for sale. 2. My products are artisan, and are quality driven. 3. I have a mission statement and core value of protecting and supporting a Black monopoly of our own hair care. I do understand that everyone has a price, and I can't make this product forever, BUT it means a lot to me to protect it from being robbed from under us by the Koreans or whomever tries to cheaply copy and steal my patents.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Ladies. I'm working on a product for natural hair and I have a question for anyone with 4c or similar.

What kind of comb other than finger detangling do you use more often than others?

How often do you apply oil or other natural conditioner? What kind?
Coconut oil, Apple cider vinegar or Coconut vinegar, are great for detangling 4c hair. I would go with coconut vinegar because its not as known. idk if its cheaper tho.

Castor oil for sealing

I dont use combs but if I did, I'd invest in a seamless comb.
Magic Star Rake Set
Magic Lady Star Comb

Ahsha

Pro
Daps
I use a wide tooth comb. As far as the oils I use on an every other day basis: almond, tea tree, Shea butter, soy & whatever is in the Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil lol. The growth oil contains the oils I aforementioned but it also has others.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Scale of 1-10, texture from course to fine... where is it? Have you used seamless combs like the Magic Rake?
I would say maybe three or two. I think my hair is coarse. My hair is really thick and it will tangle quickly. I use a wide tooth comb from Sally's
SBS-502104.jpg

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Ladies. I'm working on a product for natural hair and I have a question for anyone with 4c or similar.

What kind of comb other than finger detangling do you use more often than others?

How often do you apply oil or other natural conditioner? What kind?
I use a regular detangling comb, I actually never finger detangle.
bh1105-z2.jpg

I cowash my hair every week; I use Shea moisture curling souffle and it keeps my hair soft and shining until the next wash day.