I'm confused Brehs. I think this comedian is a racist, but I fux wit this standup. Shane Gillis

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

Watched most of the Netflix special. Couldn't find a decent YT clip or trailer.

Smack. Who is this CAC?

The reason I am digging it is because he's being real. And. Doesn't seem like he's full of blind hatred. Just tribalism. He seems to admit their shortcomings, but he's still down for his squad.

Hard to look down on that perspective. I too represent some mfs that have areas that we can improve on. And I am honest about what needs work.

I kinda feel like this is progressive.. but I am skeptical

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thought that stand up was one of the funniest things I have seen this year, and I didn't really know him at all

Very savvy, very funny, very subversive, self mocking, and not taking himself too seriously, I read a lot of it as a parody of elements of white america, while still admitting he IS a white american.

Don't know what his actual beliefs are, and can see where he plays both ways, like Taylor Sheridan, (as in I'm not racist, so let me say some borderline racist/sexist shyt) for example, but the Netflix special was hilarious to me.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Y’all think every white boy is racist stop it
I'm just saying a Chapelle cosign ISN'T EXACTLY a good indicator of racial equity :patrice:
joe-rogan-dave-chappelle-elon-musk-grims.png

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Seen him at Chappelle’s show a month or so back. Our show had George Wallace, Jeff Ross, Gillis, Donnell Rawlings, and obviously Chappelle.

Jeff Ross opened with the some suspect shyt off rip….and I’ve never seen or heard of Gillis before that show so I was skeptical.

Outside of George Wallace, Gills set was the least :mjpls: …and that’s including Rawlings and Chappelle.

He did a great 15-20 min. A lot of self-deprecation and subtle trolling of the anti-woke crowd. But did not come off as a performative ‘liberal’.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always assume a white person is racist or can turn racist at any moment, but I haven’t seen any evidence of Shane being racist.

The new special is funny as hell. He actually took more shots at white people than any other group.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Okay good.

I was getting the vibe that dude might be "one of the good ones".

His shyt is definitely smart and funny as hell.