I’m a UX/UI product designer. The market is dry. Should I transition into cybersecurity? Is that more secure? Should I start a dev agency?

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Program Manager in tech. Even if you decide to pivot in your breh those skills are transferable and essential for moving up or working with the C-Suite.
yeah breh. My goal is to go more into leadership and away from being an IC (individual contributor)...making page after page is ok.... I can do it, but I would rather be more in strategy, business goals, and metrics and like you said working with stakeholders.

There isn't really a clear path to that as far as I know... maybe I can find some courses on it
So I'm thinking about creating an agency...maybe a no code dev agency and hiring talent from abroad...I can spot good, functional designs and designers

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
yeah breh. My goal is to go more into leadership and away from being an IC (individual contributor)...making page after page is ok.... I can do it, but I would rather be more in strategy, business goals, and metrics and like you said working with stakeholders.

There isn't really a clear path to that as far as I know... maybe I can find some courses on it
So I'm thinking about creating an agency...maybe a no code dev agency and hiring talent from abroad...I can spot good, functional designs and designers

Yea breh the PM skills can help in all those avenues especially when going the agency route. Creating a project plan, setting milestones, and identifying risks make you sound more professional. Plus keeps everybody accountable in their roles.

Just search Udemy for a PM course they usually run anywhere from 80 - 125$ but if wait you can get em on sale for 15$.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Wish I were joking but "learn cybersecurity in 2024" is the new "learn to code" from 2020. On top of that when you ask chatGPT what the best future jobs are, they almost always list cybersecurity (you know all the casuals are doing this).
For real @JT-Money

I’ve had people with no degree and one cert hit me up, thinking they’re going get a job in this environment like nothing

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
For real @JT-Money

I’ve had people with no degree and one cert hit me up, thinking they’re going get a job in this environment like nothing
It's funny. I graduate in 1 year with a comp E degree. I was planning on heading towards inftrastructure security and even had a GICSP and GRID exam lined up. After seeing so many people trying to flood the cyber roles i said... nah I'm good. Might be worse than "learn to code" at this point.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I picked the wrong fukking time to get into the tech world.

The internet has made it easier for people to learn a lot of this shyt and now everybody is in it... Well more than the previous 10 years. And this AI shyt is crazy.

I'm learning Full Stack development, and I my goal isn't even to find a long term job. I'm going to create my own tech start up.
Some tech roles are still safe. For example, I'm trying to go into jamming/spoofing drones and how to compromise them. Lots of RF knowledge to do that stuff and the average person isnt willing to learn that stuff (unless they're electircal engineering majors).

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if i start this dev agency... im gonna see which market to target... healthcare, local businesses seeing what problems they deal with and maybe I can create a solution, etc... :jbhmm:

Don't start one - find an existing one and see if you can workout a deal to get commission.
You'll get first hand experience of what it takes to get clients WITHOUT the downside risk.

Once you've mastered this - figure out whether you want to set up the dev agency or whether
the money is what you actually want.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Don't start one - find an existing one and see if you can workout a deal to get commission.
You'll get first hand experience of what it takes to get clients WITHOUT the downside risk.

Once you've mastered this - figure out whether you want to set up the dev agency or whether
the money is what you actually want.
:ohhh:

So you mean more like a sales role? Finding clients and contracts for them or maybe creating a funnel of leads?

I’d like to hear more about this if you got info

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

So you mean more like a sales role? Finding clients and contracts for them or maybe creating a funnel of leads?

I’d like to hear more about this if you got info

Exactly, finding clients for them and closing them. You can do the lead route if you just want scale though