I’m a UX/UI product designer. The market is dry. Should I transition into cybersecurity? Is that more secure? Should I start a dev agency?

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Been in my field for like 4-5 years but can’t land anything after getting laid off a few months ago.

I think my field is saturated in a way even though I’m experienced and pretty much senior level

I think cyber security might be more essential for businesses

Or should I start a dev agency/ux agency? Become a ux consultant?

Any advice is welcomed

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Been in my field for like 4-5 years but can’t land anything after getting laid off a few months ago.

I think my field is saturated in a way even though I’m experienced and pretty much senior level

I think cyber security might be more essential for businesses

Or should I start a dev agency/ux agency? Become a ux consultant?

Any advice is welcomed

I’m in the same field or have the same career goals.

Yes the market for UX is really in a weird place and I feel a lot of companies still really don’t know what UX is or how to utilize it.

I definitely think you should definitely find the community in your area and network.

Join AIGA and IxDA groups if you have them in your area

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Wish I were joking but "learn cybersecurity in 2024" is the new "learn to code" from 2020. On top of that when you ask chatGPT what the best future jobs are, they almost always list cybersecurity (you know all the casuals are doing this).
Yeah, I believe it. I think companies especially older companies understand the value of cybersecurity vs ux

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
if i start this dev agency... im gonna see which market to target... healthcare, local businesses seeing what problems they deal with and maybe I can create a solution, etc... :jbhmm:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I picked the wrong fukking time to get into the tech world.

The internet has made it easier for people to learn a lot of this shyt and now everybody is in it... Well more than the previous 10 years. And this AI shyt is crazy.

I'm learning Full Stack development, and I my goal isn't even to find a long term job. I'm going to create my own tech start up.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
My girl is a product designer and that shyt was tough, she was laid off in October and just got an offer. She’s in a group with 20+ other designers talking about how hard it is and meeting with mentors who got her nothing.

Her first interview with me I coached through all 4 fukkin rounds and she got the offer which was a 66% increase in salary. I asked afterwards does your group or mentors talk about the things I coached on? She said no and it’s first time she done it and same with the other PDs.

The market is hella saturated but a lot of PDs from what seeing don’t take new skills like PMing or stakeholder management, creating metrics. That’s the easiest way to set your self apart.

I’m trying turn that shyt into a coaching side gig to make some bread.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
My girl is a product designer and that shyt was tough, she was laid off in October and just got an offer. She’s in a group with 20+ other designers talking about how hard it is and meeting with mentors who got her nothing.

Her first interview with me I coached through all 4 fukkin rounds and she got the offer which was a 66% increase in salary. I asked afterwards does your group or mentors talk about the things I coached on? She said no and it’s first time she done it and same with the other PDs.

The market is hella saturated but a lot of PDs from what seeing don’t take new skills like PMing or stakeholder management, creating metrics. That’s the easiest way to set your self apart.

I’m trying turn that shyt into a coaching side gig to make some bread.
damn thanks for that breh. what you do?