Im a playstation man, but Xbox brehs you do have it good with game pass

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
@The Mad Titan explain something to me real quick.

Xbox is paying a base fee for a game like Halo to appear on Gamepass for subscribers and then an additional cut for every player downloading it?

In addition to that, some games will be time restricted like Red Dead. How much bread are they spending on this project?

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Series X will be my first MS console. :yeshrug:Game Pass, avoiding $70 games, and being the more powerful console made it an easy decision.

Still getting the 5 but it will be after the revision and price drop.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

Xbox is paying a base fee for a game like Halo to appear on Gamepass for subscribers and then an additional cut for every player downloading it?

In addition to that, some games will be time restricted like Red Dead. How much bread are they spending on this project?

Millions, but that’s not really the point breh. Gamepass extends beyond consoles, if they get even a fraction of either the pc or mobile crowd on those recurring payments it’ll literally pay for itself in less than 5 years.

shyt, gamepass grew 5 million subs since covid started. They at 15 mill subs now, and I read that even getting to 20 mill would pay for the Zenimax acquisition alone.

Think about that growth :wow:.

If Sony don’t have an answer for Gamepass by the end of this gen, they will go the route of Sega and you’ll see their first party games on other systems...and I don’t mean pc :usure:

The old school console model is dead :francis:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
If u grew up going to arcades and renting games from blockbuster, gamepass is video game heaven

Iblazegunz

Rookie
Daps
Millions, but that’s not really the point breh. Gamepass extends beyond consoles, if they get even a fraction of either the pc or mobile crowd on those recurring payments it’ll literally pay for itself in less than 5 years.

shyt, gamepass grew 5 million subs since covid started. They at 15 mill subs now, and I read that even getting to 20 mill would pay for the Zenimax acquisition alone.

If Sony don’t have an answer for Gamepass by the end of this gen, they will go the route of Sega and you’ll see their first party games on other systems...and I don’t mean pc :usure:

Stop it bro, Microsoft has to prove that it can publish games with critical acclaim first. Gamepass has been around since 2017 and Microsoft still hasn’t published any exclusives worth mentioning yet. I know everyone’s on their high horse since they’ve acquired Bethesda, but we wont see the fruit of that acquisition until well beyond 2022-2023. I copped a series x for gamepass alone, but lets not act like we’re about to receive Ghost of Tsushima levels of quality on this service

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Nah the 1st party teams are essentially just getting paid to make games, are there metric bonuses and things like that... Probably, but over all its not a per user thing I'm sure. It would be a nightmare to keep up with and probably make things way unfair for smaller 1st party games.

Now for actual sells of games, I'm sure there is some kind of percentage or split on that.

They are breaking bread for games like red dead and gta, and that's probably why you only see those games for shorter amounts of time like 6 months. This the type of investment where you take a Big loss up front and slowly recoup and improve your brand.

That aside,

From what I gather overall it's kind of a win win for everyone.

Microsoft- They build a ecosystem, and have reoccurring on going income monthly, they know the value in this because they already got the metric's from the buisness side of things with stuff like O365. It also makes microsoft a more "warm" household name instead of being just a "big bad" business.

Devs- get to actually focus on making games without having to worry about being "trendy" or putting that thing in that's really cool now (battle royal, micro transaction, mulitplayer) and just focus on making the game they want to make without having to worry about the other side of dev work and that's sales and profit. In a nutshell they can take more risk and be creative.

3rd party devs- get exposure and a bag up front

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Let’s not get carried away, breh. Those 15 million subs, most of them, paid $1 for 3 years of Game Pass. Don’t be in here lying your ass off. You think the average person is paying full price for a subscription service with a bunch of mid?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Gamepass has potential to be great, but as of right now it is reggie as hell. Too many indie games on their. Microsoft needs they first party publishers to hurry up and pump out some games. I will be keeping my eye on it.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Let’s not get carried away, breh. Those 15 million subs, most of them, paid $1 for 3 years of Game Pass. Don’t be in here lying your ass off. You think the average person is paying full price for a subscription service with a bunch of mid?

As of right now, even with those deals yes I do think the vast majority of people signed for gamepass are using the normal route of simply subscribing.

Most people are not buying full yearly subscriptions and converting them to $1 breh.