If you're from 25-34 you had a wanna be thug stage

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Neva wanted to be a "thug" per se. Alot of nikkas in the hood share similar thoughts as well. Honestly whole thread sound like some confused suburban negro complex shyt :manny:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Nah

I did have a "You can't tell me nothin" stage though. I look back and remember arguments I used to have with posters like Reb and Woo Child and SMH because I was green as fukk and needed my eyes opened to a few things...

Hell I remember getting into an argument with jayshiggs one time about cell phone ringtones. Shiggs was like "You gotta cut it out with that adding songs as a ringtone shyt...can't have that in the workplace or places of business, people gonna look at you different"

I was on some straight :youngsabo:

Flash forward to 2013 I can't STAND those shyts and haven't used em since like 2005. shyt is fukking tacky as fukk IMO. But that's just my personal preference, I don't begrudge anyone who uses em. But it goes to show how years and experience does shyt to you. Sometimes you gotta take a step back and evaluate things....
this nikka talkin bout some online shyt :patrice:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Neva wanted to be a "thug" per se. Alot of nikkas in the hood share similar thoughts as well. Honestly whole thread sound like some confused suburban negro complex shyt :manny:

When nikkas grow up and see how silly being a thug is they don't want to be thugs. But many kids grow up wanting to be thugs

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
quit lying y'all. we all had a fubu/rocawear/sean john phase too :mjpls:

When I was a freshman in high school, the summer before to be exact, my mom and I went to the Marshall's and she held up a giant sweater across her tiny frame, looking down at the label, and asked me in her soft, friendly, motherly voice, "Mijo! Would you like to wear this to school to show off to your friends? Phat farm?" The brand instantly became uncool to me, but good lord did I appreciate my mom so much more that afternoon for trying to be cool with me. :smugdraper:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I did. Around 7th grade to 10th grade. I had that Broward County ignorance flowing through my veins. I wore them shytty ass jean shorts with designs on the back, with some black air forces, black socks and an extra large black tee with that JanSport bag. :scusthov:

I grew out of that shyt since moving to New York though. I still get embarrased when I think of the shyt I used to wear. :damn: I don't even sag my pants no more. I laugh when I see grown ass men sagging their pants. :russ:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah, not me. Seen too much of that shyt growing up. Friends going to jail, getting killed that shyt never appealed to me. I cut off a lot of people cause they lived that life.