If you're from 25-34 you had a wanna be thug stage

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
More like 14-18.

I always :snoop: when i see grown men walking around saggng their pants and mean mugging people trying to look hard.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It did not matter if you was from the hood or the burbs you had the thug stage.

No!

Some of you NEED to understand that not all black people are from the hood or had hood fantasies like you clones. Even if you grew up poor doesnt make you hood.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm from the hood so I've been labeled a thug and a lot more shyt my whole life. Never really wanted 2 be a thug tho, I guess cuz I came up under the older g'z and older nikkas I really tried to learn from their mistakes. shyt never got them nowhere and the few that it did ended up in jail or dead after seeing a lil bread or whatever.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Sure did, nit afraid to say it now. To be frank, it was fun for the minute, use to smash a lot of hoes off of it so I can't say it was a complete wash, but still....

Now I'm a mature adult that values life, liberty and my heritage amongst other things

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah

I did have a "You can't tell me nothin" stage though. I look back and remember arguments I used to have with posters like Reb and Woo Child and SMH because I was green as fukk and needed my eyes opened to a few things...

Hell I remember getting into an argument with jayshiggs one time about cell phone ringtones. Shiggs was like "You gotta cut it out with that adding songs as a ringtone shyt...can't have that in the workplace or places of business, people gonna look at you different"

I was on some straight :youngsabo:

Flash forward to 2013 I can't STAND those shyts and haven't used em since like 2005. shyt is fukking tacky as fukk IMO. But that's just my personal preference, I don't begrudge anyone who uses em. But it goes to show how years and experience does shyt to you. Sometimes you gotta take a step back and evaluate things....