If your system of choice does not impress you by launch, do you wait?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I buy new consoles on launch so I can start playing whatever is being offered while having the backlog of games from previous console cycles supplement the brunt of my gaming experience until the current gen's catalogue is more fleshed out.

Since I've been buying consoles from the Psx era, I've always had something to play, so I'm never in that, in my opinion, weird category where you find yourself buying a new console and you're relegated to playing 'new' material you've got to buy for it. Nah, you phase it in and with Microsoft honoring their plight to keep Backwards compatibility rolling as smoothly as they can, The new X will be a day one cop with me prolly getting the new Ps whatever 2,3 years later down the line for the exclusives.

you'll be able to play your PS4 games day one the way they are now. It's the enhancements that won't be available for all the games day one for your PS4 backlog.

Using my pro for trade in credit towards the nickel with no fukks given just like the last 3 Playstations. :unimpressed:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
sega mega i bought the year it came out
sega dreamcast was the only first day cop for me
i bought the ps2 in the first week (man did i hate it at first,but eventually ended up loving it)
ps3 and xbox 360 were first month cops
psp i bought a few years after launch, as well the nintendo ds (second hand and it broke,smh)

i skipped the current generation completely until last year when i got a ps4 for shenmue 3.

i'll wait and see as far as ps5/xbox series is concerned

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:dwillhuh:
Finished FFVII Remake. Next two months I’ve got TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima. What drought?
Ff7 is a ps2 title, you're happy because you're bored. Ghost of fugazi looks cool but at the same time gameplay wise is mostly a mystery. Sekiro is dope, ghost worries me because it's got a day's gone vibe. No buzz other than because it's exclusive. And then the last of us 2 which you already know how it ends and yet you don't know when it'll begin :laff:
The entire Xbox One life cycle has been a drought :mjlol:
Gamepass says stfu nikka :birdman:

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
How could anyone prefer Xbox? That’s the shyt your grandma buys you when she doesn’t know what’s hot. That’s the shyt you get cuz you was broke on launch day and all the Playstations sold out. It’s like choosing Reebok over Nike, Hilfiger over Polo, or a used mattress over a new one.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Getting a launch PS4 was a terrible decision by me, the redesigned ones were better.

Me getting an early console this time will depend on the launch lineups

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Day one for me :noah:

I'm a Sony lifer now :myman:
Bruh, it struggled to reach 1440p/30fps with just some random rubble falling down the side. A bootleg uncharted. That demo today was so bland them nikkaz kept saying "they used 12 billion triangles in that statue :wow:"

Next it's gonna be "15 billion triangles were used in the logo, the most triangles ever used in a logo :wow:"

I can't wait till they stop hiding, truth gonna come out soon. Not a single developer has stated a ps5 version of any game is better than the xbox version. Until then, it's the other way around :win:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To keep it a buck, unless you gonna flip it fora profit, or there is a dope launch title (which there rarely is) you should wait. The revisions are almost always superior, or a bundle drops or some cool type of game custom system.

With that said I'm copping an xbox at launch because

Gamepass
Controllers and accessories work on new system
I can download all my old games and play old games.
Smart delivery on new and old games