If your system of choice does not impress you by launch, do you wait?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Regardless of all the pre release posturing, the real deciding factors will be based on substance. Sony fans as of this moment have no reason to jump ship. Even if the ps5 is drastically inferior to the series x :wow:

That won't be the case next month and leading up to launch. If xbox is going to win Sony gamers over they gotta deliver the goods and Sony has to drop the ball in direct comparison. Otherwise they can only hope Sony gamers at a later time will also cop an xbox. From my sources, Sony isn't ready for next gen in more ways than one. So the question to all of you is if Sony (or Microsoft) doesn't impress you at all before launch. Do you wait? Or will you defect to greener pastures?

If Sony can produce a system that truly is unlike the competition? I'll get a ps5 day 1 and just rock my xb1x till I'm ready to upgrade

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Regardless of all the pre release posturing, the real deciding factors will be based on substance. Sony fans as of this moment have no reason to jump ship. Even if the ps5 is drastically inferior to the series x :wow:

That won't be the case next month and leading up to launch. If xbox is going to win Sony gamers over they gotta deliver the goods and Sony has to drop the ball in direct comparison. Otherwise they can only hope Sony gamers at a later time will also cop an xbox. From my sources, Sony isn't ready for next gen in more ways than one. So the question to all of you is if Sony (or Microsoft) doesn't impress you at all before launch. Do you wait? Or will you defect to greener pastures?

If Sony can produce a system that truly is unlike the competition? I'll get a ps5 day 1 and just rock my xb1x till I'm ready to upgrade
Dont worry about Sony; they’ll deliver the goods like they have every generation. It’s Microsoft you need to worry about.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The last console I day one copped was the switch and before that was the OG Xbox. The games that made me do that were Breath of the Wild and Halo respectively.

I can wait it out, console shortages are a thing of the past.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m buying @ least one XSX out the gate since I can immediately play my current library on it...curious to see how the games look/play on the new system...if the difference is noticeable then I’ll upgrade the other X1Xs I have

PS5 I’m holding off on til they drop spider-man 2 for the latest...but if they drop an exclusive before that which catches my attention then I’ll change my mind

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
I am trying to think I never bought a home console at release handhelds yeah. PS3 I got a year after the release PS4 I didn’t get till 2016. I like going in to systems with a good stock pile of games and a bunch from last gen for you to play. What I do hate about the new gen switch is what to buy current gen and what to wait for next gen

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Dont worry about Sony; they’ll deliver the goods like they have every generation. It’s Microsoft you need to worry about.
If you played xbox games your words would hold some sort of weight. One thing Sony always did was have droughts. You in one now, remember those post about how you'll eat off spiderman then you'll hop on the last of us 2? Y'all get a hot game once every two years but you'll hype up any exclusive that comes and goes in between. They come and go more often than they stick around :ufdup:
Microsoft messing up so badly after the 360 is something that needs to be studied and documented.
Thet released an awesome system with great launch titles, they wanted to do things like gamepass and more but everyone was against them. Gamestop and Walmart threatening to not sell it to cable companies forcing them to remove features like tivo functionality. Most of what they wanted to do then, they not only are doing now but so is Sony. Let's put the fanboy narratives to the side for a moment. The xbox one was trying to become the do everything box. Sony fans in n particular said kinect was created by the NSA to spy on gamers :snoop: all digital means you could get banned and lose all your hard earned money. These lies lead to fear, those same liars then bought a pseye and kept it moving :win:
I am trying to think I never bought a home console at release handhelds yeah. PS3 I got a year after the release PS4 I didn’t get till 2016. I like going in to systems with a good stock pile of games and a bunch from last gen for you to play. What I do hate about the new gen switch is what to buy current gen and what to wait for next gen
What you're saying sounds good in theory but reality is everyone should have a backlog so nobody should be lacking stuff to play. Xbox exclusively provides what I call a frontlog because gamepass drops heat weekly, gamepass alone is reason enough to buy a series x at launch. No reason to wait unless they don't deliver. Who doubts they will deliver outside of known haters? They delivering today, and they are ambitious about tomorrow so imo it's a done deal already...
After getting the Red Ring of Death..
And my OG PS4
Crapping our in months..
I don’t do launch systems anymore..
For that soul reason
I feel you, the reason I stopped fukkin with Sony like that is disc read error (ps2) Sony did nothing for 5yrs, then played dumb again during the psn breach. Rumors suggest they have heating issues with the ps5. Sony being reluctant to show the system off has me concerned. If you haven't been keeping up here ya go...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'll wait until they get thru the initial bugs first and if the games are on the cloud, who knows if I'll even buy.