if you were Microsoft would you divest Blizzard or Activision to pass the merger?

rdj

Pro
Daps
For the business I would keep Activision but personally I care about Blizzard games more.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

Blizzard - WoW, Diablo, StarCraft

Activision - call of duty, crash, Spyro

I rather keep Activision mainly as there's more to do with them with all the old IPs that's sitting in dormant that can be utilize, continue on the reintroduction of Crash and Spyro to the younger audience, but make the gameplay good for the older audience to still support. Obviously Call of Duty and I go as far renew the Hasbro and Marvel license to sell the old Marvel and Transformer games, while use the opportunity to make new ones at that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I rather keep Activision mainly as there's more to do with them with all the old IPs that's sitting in dormant that can be utilize, continue on the reintroduction of Crash and Spyro to the younger audience, but make the gameplay good for the older audience to still support. Obviously Call of Duty and I go as far renew the Hasbro and Marvel license to sell the old Marvel and Transformer games, while use the opportunity to make new ones at that.

The thing about a activision is that pretty much all their studios are tied up in CoD

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
The thing about a activision is that pretty much all their studios are tied up in CoD
That's true and that's probably the biggest issue with Activision right now that even Phil Spencer even acknowledge it. Having everyone outside of the COD devs doing something else other than being an support team would be beneficial in the long run.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Blizzard to the bushes. They kind of ruined their franchises the last few years.

At least all the suburban kids will still buy CoD.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Blizzard to the bushes. They kind of ruined their franchises the last few years.

At least all the suburban kids will still buy CoD.
And CoD isnt ruined? :mjlol:

Warzone 2 is trash and so is MW2. CoD could of easily ran away with the BR scene for years and eaten off of it like how WoW did with MMOs but they have done nothing but gone backwards since OG Warzone dropped.