If you want to grow your chest you really don't even need to bench

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My arms have a similar shape to that actually:ld: See how there isn't much of a peak in the bicep? That's my struggle:snoop:

And yea when I was younger someone told me Triceps make up 2/3 of the size of your arm so thats what you need to work. Been on that wave ever since:manny:
Yup. I have high peaks so my arm looks dope flexed. I need that rested roundness though. Either way, Tricep work is definitely best "bang for the buck" to get them big arms.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I hear way more people having shoulder issues from bench (barbell). Particularly rotator cuff.
Prob cause they aint retractin they scapulas

Plus u know how ugly people's bench can get. I can count the # of people I've seen not bounce in real life on one hand :scust:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I only have access to free-weights. So dips, cable weights, and all that are automatically out the window. I have to fully rely on free-weights and body weight exercises with no equipment. So bench press, and dumbbell press are my main chest exercises.

Daps
I only have access to free-weights. So dips, cable weights, and all that are automatically out the window. I have to fully rely on free-weights and body weight exercises with no equipment. So bench press, and dumbbell press are my main chest exercises.

And you can build a helluva chest with those things you have breh,people don't realize the body doesn't know if you are pushing weights or doing push-ups, all it understands is resistance

• Dap
Reactions: Meh
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Y'all niccas sleeping on OHP >>>

Anyways.. I've gotten to the point were I don't need a bigger chest.

I just want to shape it and correct imbalances. I want to have lean athletic look.. Ain't wanna walk around with bodybuilder man breasts :huhldup:

semtex

:)
Daps
A little tip for making dips focus on the chest more: Lean forward during the setup, like really lean forward almost like you're gonna row the rings/bars. That'll keep you leaning forward the whole time.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
And you can build a helluva chest with those things you have breh,people don't realize the body doesn't know if you are pushing weights or doing push-ups, all it understands is resistance
true. In my opinion it takes 3 years to build a proper chest

A little tip for making dips focus on the chest more: Lean forward during the setup, like really lean forward almost like you're gonna row the rings/bars. That'll keep you leaning forward the whole time.
your gonna rip your sternum out your chest by doing that. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be careful

semtex

:)
Daps
true. In my opinion it takes 3 years to build a proper chest

your gonna rip your sternum out your chest by doing that. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be careful
That's very common advice for activating the chest more. I do it on rings with 60 extra pounds (290lbs total) and no discomfort :ahh:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I never had a problem with shoulders doing dips. It's the same movement as decline bench and decline hits your shoulders the least
U dont have anywhere near the range of motion on decline bench as u do on dips though. And that extra ROM is right where shyt gets weird with the shoulders.