If you hated on the cloud then you're a dumb son of a switch

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Apparently this is the fourth time It's been done but this is slightly different.

The new Assassins Creed game is Xbox and ps4 only...unless you live in Japan, then you can stream a higher quality version of the game :francis:

https://kotaku.com/in-japan-the-nintendo-switch-is-streaming-games-that-i-1829071837

Streaming is just the tip when you have a cloud infrastructure (Tru Story) Next gen will be green as a muthafukka :win:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cloud gaming is the future. Gamestop and other stores won't exist in the future except to sell old consoles and games. They are going to stop making discs and cartridges, game cards etc. You will download them and you will not 'own' but you'll have access to them as long as your connected or paying.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Cloud gaming is the future. Gamestop and other stores won't exist in the future except to sell old consoles and games. They are going to stop making discs and cartridges, game cards etc. You will download them and you will not 'own' but you'll have access to them as long as your connected or paying.

I still can't see it being done. What about special editions, and bundles?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still can't see it being done. What about special editions, and bundles?
They can still exist digitally. It's your decision whether you want to pay $59.99 for NBA 2k or 89.99 for the gold edition. You can download both right now on switch.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see what you mean there, but I meant for the physical collectors stuff that come with special editions and bundles.
I know. I have a grip of it.

They can sell that shyt 2nd party though or direct. They absolutely don't have to bundle it with the game.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I see what you mean there, but I meant for the physical collectors stuff that come with special editions and bundles.
I’m a big fan of the physical statues that come with CE versions (I typically always buy the Collector’s Edition version for my console games). RDR2, Titanfall 2, South Park all had collector’s edition statues that you could buy that didn’t even have games included with them. That’s the future of Collector’s Edition for digital games

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah that's true. I just figure it's a easier marketing strategy.
True.

I mean I had the option of getting the breath of the wild collectors. I bought the game, the Zelda case and the collectors edition cd set with play button (a little button that takes headphones that plays Zelda music). I didn't want the amibo and the map that came with the master edition of the collector's edition.

It really depends on what additional stuff your getting. I think the master edition will be worth more in box in like 20 years then my put together version but I got exactly what I wanted and laid fair price for each item .

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
The only thing I don’t like about all of this going digital is the fact that my ISP is charging fees for going over my bandwidth limits. We are becoming more reliant on downloads but the ISP’s aren’t compensating for the loads

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Truth is most people don't give two shyts about that stuff, shooooot, they struggling to get nikkaz to play the campaign :francis:
The only thing I don’t like about all of this going digital is the fact that my ISP is charging fees for going over my bandwidth limits. We are becoming more reliant on downloads but the ISP’s aren’t compensating for the loads
You're new to the rodeo, every gen somebody says what you're saying. Internet speeds double every two-years on average. We are about to reach 5g and that is a big deal in terms of speed for the America's. The limits will go up, don't even waste a moment worrying about it

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Truth is most people don't give two shyts about that stuff, shooooot, they struggling to get nikkaz to play the campaign :francis:

You're new to the rodeo, every gen somebody says what you're saying. Internet speeds double every two-years on average. We are about to reach 5g and that is a big deal in terms of speed for the America's. The limits will go up, don't even waste a moment worrying about it

:manny: I agree with you .

A lot of campaigns are garbage. Hell even a game like Mario odessey and botw are trash if Nintendo can just drop an update saying

"20 new moons have been added! Find them all!"

Or just randomly add a couple of shrines...sure it's more to play but it doesn't enhance any story.

Internets will consistently adjust , especially now that a lot of content is online .Hbogo/hbonow, hulu, Netflix, amazon....

Their prices for Internet may always suck , but the bandwidth and speeds will always be there it just depends how much they wanna gouge you. I know people paying $120 for 15 mb download and that's the bottom tier package .

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Cloud gaming will never be a legit option for most of the world and on top of that, there is still a major demand for offline gaming. Any always internet connected option will be limiting their market to a fraction of the world market and would be dooming themselves to failure.

Talk that real shyt

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

This is coming from the same dude who gave me shyt for months for not getting that stupid NVG-edition of MW2 in 2008...and never even bought the game at all :russ: FOH