If you get married, don't get a divorce my brehs.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
And if you have to get a divorce, don't be rich. My boss is currently going through a nasty one. He made a bunch of money during the dotcom days and was married for about 15 years. Now his ex is trying to take his ass to the cleaners talking about needing "lifetime spousal alimony". I didn't even know some shyt like that existed. So obviously he's fighting that in court. He's already giving up a bigger piece than half. Sold his mansion in a nice part of town in Seattle. But get this during court he told me his ex gets on the stand and they go through every thing throughout the course of their relationship that she felt he wronged her for. Even brought witnesses. He had to sit 3 days through this. Plus he's paying 300+ / hr for his lawyer.

The system wasn't built in our favor brehs.

Was he married to her before he hit it big?

If not he's screwed, b/c she use the lame excuse that she helped him build his wealth. They did it together.

Daps
marriage is a fifty/fifty revenue stream based business.

if you and her do not create businesses that are profitable streams of revenue.

you should not get married.

art barr

former illinois divorce attorney certification exam manager

You just did divorces or you did other shyt?

bmoxover

Stop Hatin'.
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
And if you have to get a divorce, don't be rich. My boss is currently going through a nasty one. He made a bunch of money during the dotcom days and was married for about 15 years. Now his ex is trying to take his ass to the cleaners talking about needing "lifetime spousal alimony". I didn't even know some shyt like that existed. So obviously he's fighting that in court. He's already giving up a bigger piece than half. Sold his mansion in a nice part of town in Seattle. But get this during court he told me his ex gets on the stand and they go through every thing throughout the course of their relationship that she felt he wronged her for. Even brought witnesses. He had to sit 3 days through this. Plus he's paying 300+ / hr for his lawyer.

The system wasn't built in our favor brehs.

I've seen what can happen to a rich man with my own two eyes when you get married minus a prenup. :sadbron:

Best believe that shyt won't ever happen to me. I've been told that it 'cheapens' the marriage. Yeah, for who? The wife during the divorce proceedings perhaps. :lolbron:

Lmao, but nah all kidding aside it's 2012. You just never know these days, I don't think a woman should catch feelings if you got money and you offer a prenup. Me and my baby moms haven't spoken about a prenup directly, but we've sorta come to an unspoken agreement that one will be signed and it's in no way a reflection on the way I feel about her.

Chris Rock said it best, "I ain't giving you half cuz you don't love me no more".

:win:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was probably fukking his secretary and brought home an incurable STD. fukk 'em.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Very surprised a wealthy dude like him didn't do the off-shore stuff.....

Sh!t I don't make that much but I have about 40K in one of these tax havens.

IRS have no fukkin clue