If you are a Black Man and another Black Man gives you "The Nod" in these streets...

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I be like

tenor.gif

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well me personally, I don't feel the need to make eye contact with every fukking dude I see on the street.

One thing if I'm at work..I try to acknowledge all black ppl at work period...but if i'm on the street I wanna be left the fukk alone. Especially since I have freeform hairstyle that grows upward and already got mofos staring at me constantly.

In short:

Get angry because another man didn't make eye contact with you while you're with your "girl" (:duck: ) , brehs.

:dame:

Everyone on the coli this poster is from Seattle so don't be too surprised. He fits the stereotype.

He has mentioned before about Black women looking at him funny when he has his guitar :dame:

Well now we now Black men also looking at him funny for not returning the UBN(Universal Black Man Nod)

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
And you don't know what to do YOU ARE A fukkING c00n!
:gucci:

And if another brotha gives you "The Nod" and you look him dead in his face and don't return the gesture?
:dahell:

That is straight disrespect:demonic:

Im in a mainly white area. I see another brotha in the mall. Im with my girl. I give the "The Nod" like wassup. Mf Just looked and kept it moving.
I waited for that mf outside the store ready to whoop his ass. My girl had to drag me off. Then he leaves with his white gf. c00n:birdman:

Has anyone else felt or would feel insulted or maybe im just trippin. I just felt disrescted

I know what you are saying and do empathize but don't take it too serious..

Older black men or black men 30 plus always do the nod anyone much younger won't get it or understand it. I don't even bother with younger black men doing the nod.

I however do NOT tell the story or even divulge anything about it with non POC especially white people. I simply just let it be a "black mystery" when any cac sees it and goes "Hey why do you guys all do the nod to each other".

I learned the story of the nod or at least a version of it from a much older black man when I was 16 and doing a summer job at a old folks home.

Elder told me "The nod was a way of protection for us black folk as lynchings and murders were quite common. Mind you we didn't all have cars so we had to walk everywhere. The nod was a way for black men who didn't know one another to have a friendly greeting and if something ever did happen and a black man ended up missing from coming home from work or walking at night then at least someone can say "hey I saw him on such and such road at this time" so we would know where at least the direction a black man was heading so we know where to at least look".

When I heard that story....the nod had much more meaning to me.

Last edited:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
And you don't know what to do YOU ARE A fukkING c00n!
:gucci:

And if another brotha gives you "The Nod" and you look him dead in his face and don't return the gesture?
:dahell:

That is straight disrespect:demonic:

Im in a mainly white area. I see another brotha in the mall. Im with my girl. I give the "The Nod" like wassup. Mf Just looked and kept it moving.
I waited for that mf outside the store ready to whoop his ass. My girl had to drag me off. Then he leaves with his white gf. c00n:birdman:

Has anyone else felt or would feel insulted or maybe im just trippin. I just felt disrescted

:what:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Everyone on the coli this poster is from Seattle so don't be too surprised. He fits the stereotype.

He has mentioned before about Black women looking at him funny when he has his guitar :dame:

Well now we now Black men also looking at him funny for not returning the UBN(Universal Black Man Nod)
:russell:

- I'm from Jersey

What does my guitar have to do with anything.:dahell:

I have social anxiety I don't go around seeking out eye contact with random dudes period. If a breh nods at me chances are I won't see and aint even paying the nikka no mind at all. Let a nikka be in peace:camby:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Thats that nod for...."If shyt goes left with these cacs...I got you ngga." :youngsabo:

Homie you noddin at supposed to respond with the :demonic: or the :obama: ("My man")....

:russ:....I tell my lady this scenario all the time but she don't get it. The funniest shyt is when an ol head with his kid hits you with that nod in the milk isle...like :myman:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
It's proper etiquette. If they don't nod back I just :manny: n keep it moving
This. In my line of work brothas are few and far between, and a very select few I've met don't even want to acknowledge another brotha on the job for what ever reason but will greet cacs on some "Hey Jim, how the hell are ya" type shyt in a heartbeat. Just lets me know the type I'm dealing with.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It really depends on the setting.

In college where 90% of the campus was white, running across a black person on your way to class was so rare that when you saw them, even if you didn't know them, you had to give the nod. But the fukk I look like giving a nod to every black person I cross paths with in a city filled with black people? :rudy: