"If we lose our way with Halo, we lose our way with Xbox."

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Best use of first person are "immersive sim" games imo. shyt like Thief, Deus Ex etc but it's practically a dead genre. These games are always critically acclaimed but usually don't sell well lol.
this picture captures what i feel like when playing thief.
2_b532420e-8291-4dc7-a8c8-af727e0e5b22_2400x.jpg

To date i still haven't gotten a chance to play a real third person WW2 war game like call of duty. but would love something like that.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I don't see why they couldn't take Halo to more of a destiny-like shared world shooter.

Or, like yall been saying make a spinoff in 3rd person....or *gasp* make that shyt a deep Bethesda like rpg, or fukkin Mass Effect, shyt that the IP deserves. I also fail to see the point of skins and cosmetics when I can't see my damn character :childplease:

So much back story and lore ruined by a tired, old ass format. And bring Locke back you stupid muhfukas...I aint never liked Master Chief, we need some new blood :aicmon:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't see why they couldn't take Halo to more of a destiny-like shared world shooter.

Or, like yall been saying make a spinoff in 3rd person....or *gasp* make that shyt a deep Bethesda like rpg, or fukkin Mass Effect, shyt that the IP deserves. I also fail to see the point of skins and cosmetics when I can't see my damn character :childplease:

So much back story and lore ruined by a tired, old ass format. And bring Locke back you stupid muhfukas...I aint never liked Master Chief, we need some new blood :aicmon:

just proves that having a CEO that "loves games" really doesn't mean anything. It's up to the individual studios to be inventive with their IP

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This is what happens when you design by committee and incorporate every trend possible. They basically ignored the last 2 games, fukked up mp, and bet on players staying around because of the IP.

It’s the same thing that Gears open world bs(that snow boating shyt was basura), weak ass characters and splitting the player base x3.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just let id try and make one, it can't be any worse. 343 can make mobile games or some shyt.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Bungie knew the IP was done thats why they moved on* and made sure to do a send off while trying everything they could to keep it fresh (ODST & Reach). Thematically Cortana and Chief are just, done. There's nothing interesting left to do there but MS can't let them go because they're too recognizable as IPs/branding. Even if Infinite had shipped in a great place they're still just trying to do Halo CE...but this time seamless/no loading.

I would give up on a SP halo for a long ass time, just focus resources on getting a MP/Firefight/Forge Halo right.

*I remember back when Destiny was getting to launch and after launch Bungie was always stressing 10 year plan and how they were looking to the future etc. I think a big part of their take away from Halo was giving themself room to grow story, setting and characters.
I’m hindsight if they wanted to do the live service shyt they should’ve just said fukk the main story line and just focused on the multiplayer, made new stories, all that. I truly hate how dense and unimaginative these corporations are. I have that halo anthology dvd for blue ray right. And it’s so interesting how cool the stories and art styles are and I really think to myself “damn, they could make a video game about ANYTHING, they want in the series” I’m really really starting to think most people in positions of powers have extreme mental illnesses

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
just proves that having a CEO that "loves games" really doesn't mean anything. It's up to the individual studios to be inventive with their IP
I wouldn't say that's the problem. Halo exist by a corporate mandate. It's a dated tired IP that the original creators tried to complete and the IP owners wouldn't let end. They literally made a studio for the sole purpose of continuing it. Like Bungie before them could 343 even make a game under Microsoft that wasn't Halo? I doubt it.

At the very least I'd imagine if Naughty Dog said we aren't looking to make anymore Uncharted games and put a bow tie on the series I doubt Sony would create a new studio and continue that series.

Creative freedom means something and in an environment where there isn't any freedom can anything truly creative even be conceived? Probably not.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Bungie knew the IP was done thats why they moved on* and made sure to do a send off while trying everything they could to keep it fresh (ODST & Reach). Thematically Cortana and Chief are just, done. There's nothing interesting left to do there but MS can't let them go because they're too recognizable as IPs/branding. Even if Infinite had shipped in a great place they're still just trying to do Halo CE...but this time seamless/no loading.

I would give up on a SP halo for a long ass time, just focus resources on getting a MP/Firefight/Forge Halo right.

*I remember back when Destiny was getting to launch and after launch Bungie was always stressing 10 year plan and how they were looking to the future etc. I think a big part of their take away from Halo was giving themself room to grow story, setting and characters.
I for the life of me don’t understand why Microsoft was so staunch on making Bungie continuously work on Halo IP. So, not only that but Halo definitely needs a reboot e.g. God Of War 2018. I know the Halo community doesn’t want the game to reflect the COD model. But look at Destiny it doesn’t play anything like COD but it definitely an expansion on the Halo Sandbox.

Gaming companies are going to have to understand got to let the creators create…

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony stans talk more about xbox games then sony games thiers a thread right now talking about firewall ultra which is a whole diffrent fresh shooting experience and none of yall are talking about it :smh: