blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Bungie knew the IP was done thats why they moved on* and made sure to do a send off while trying everything they could to keep it fresh (ODST & Reach). Thematically Cortana and Chief are just, done. There's nothing interesting left to do there but MS can't let them go because they're too recognizable as IPs/branding. Even if Infinite had shipped in a great place they're still just trying to do Halo CE...but this time seamless/no loading.

I would give up on a SP halo for a long ass time, just focus resources on getting a MP/Firefight/Forge Halo right.

*I remember back when Destiny was getting to launch and after launch Bungie was always stressing 10 year plan and how they were looking to the future etc. I think a big part of their take away from Halo was giving themself room to grow story, setting and characters.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Bungie knew the IP was done thats why they moved on* and made sure to do a send off while trying everything they could to keep it fresh (ODST & Reach). Thematically Cortana and Chief are just, done. There's nothing interesting left to do there but MS can't let them go because they're too recognizable as IPs/branding. Even if Infinite had shipped in a great place they're still just trying to do Halo CE...but this time seamless/no loading.

I would give up on a SP halo for a long ass time, just focus resources on getting a MP/Firefight/Forge Halo right.

*I remember back when Destiny was getting to launch and after launch Bungie was always stressing 10 year plan and how they were looking to the future etc. I think a big part of their take away from Halo was giving themself room to grow story, setting and characters.

Classic example of the suits and leadership running shyt into the ground

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The fact that i never liked Halo,(or pretty much any 1st person game) made it hard for me to like Xbox. So he might make a good point.

Low key off topic rant but....
It's always been my opinion that the 1st person perspective should be only used sparingly for specific scenes (in films & games) Films seem to understand this as they rarely release entire movies from a first person perspective. Games however do this all the time (i think in an effort to save money of character modeling and animations)
But yeah switching to first person briefly for a specific scene like the batman arkham knight diner scene. awesome. But doing it for the entire game just makes me feel detached from the character. and they often combine that with a silent protagonist approach which makes it even worse. The main character needs to be a character, not a camera man.
I give a pass for VR games because i actually feel like i am the main character and not just a camera operator in those scenarios.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fact that i never liked Halo,(or pretty much any 1st person game) made it hard for me to like Xbox. So he might make a good point.

It's always been my opinion that the 1st person perspective should be only used sparingly for specific scenes (in films & games) Films seem to understand this as they rarely release entire movies from a first person perspective. Games however do this all the time (i think in an effort to save money of character modeling and animations)
But yeah switching to first person briefly for a specific scene like the batman arkham knight diner scene. awesome. But doing it for the entire game just makes me feel detached from the character. and they often combine that with a silent protagonist approach which makes it even worse. The main character needs to be a character, not a camera man.
I give a pass for VR games because i actually feel like i am the main character and not just a camera operator in those scenarios.

Thats why i never liked first person games. They say it feels more “immersive” but not being able to see or FEEL the rest of my body makes it just feel like im a floating camera with two hands, or something piloting a big clumsy shooting apparatus

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Thats why i never liked first person games. They say it feels more “immersive” but not being able to see or FEEL the rest of my body makes it just feel like im a floating camera with two hands, or something piloting a big clumsy shooting apparatus
Yep, thats why i give a pass for vr games. Because the first person perspective in those does indeed feel immersive.
but in 2d formats it's basically just gimmick created entirely by game studios simply to save money on development costs, but they have convinced us to treat it like a legitimate genre. Switching to first person when you are looking through a scope is really all most those games need.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps

Best use of first person are "immersive sim" games imo. shyt like Thief, Deus Ex etc but it's practically a dead genre. These games are always critically acclaimed but usually don't sell well lol.