If they ever made a live-action Cowboy Bebop film starring Keanu as Spike, who is your Director?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Joss Whedon is my choice for director with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Spike. I know he's too short but because of the movie Brick, I think JGL could do a great Spike.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Joss Whedon is my choice for director with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Spike. I know he's too short but because of the movie Brick, I think JGL could do a great Spike.
honestly whedon directing is much more of a sure thing then the wachowski's. I think the wachowski's have more potential but are a huge gamble/risk as well. I just think visually they could deliver some next level shyt. Whedon would literally be a guaranteed hit though imo based on firefly alone, not even factoring in his other films.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
honestly whedon directing is much more of a sure thing then the wachowski's. I think the wachowski's have more potential but are a huge gamble/risk as well. I just think visually they could deliver some next level shyt. Whedon would literally be a guaranteed hit though imo based on firefly alone, not even factoring in his other films.

Co-sign. Whedon knows how to make a great crew of characters. A good reason why I rewatch Angel and Firefly was because of character chemistry. :wow:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
isn't this anime? meaning these characters are Asian right:usure:

Most of the crew don't have Asian names so it's fair game. :troll:

You can cast a Jewish actor for Spike Spiegel (I already nominated Joseph Gordon-Levitt)

Jet Black looked like a regular white dude but since his VA was black they might as well make him a breh for the movie (don't give a fukk how butthurt fans get)

Faye Valentine can be whatever.

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky. :yeshrug: Could make her Asian I guess.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Most of the crew don't have Asian names so it's fair game. :troll:

You can cast a Jewish actor for Spike Spiegel (I already nominated Joseph Gordon-Levitt)

Jet Black looked like a regular white dude but since his VA was black they might as well make him a breh for the movie (don't give a fukk how butthurt fans get)

Faye Valentine can be whatever.

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky. :yeshrug: Could make her Asian I guess.
Don't get me wrong, I don't care either way but with ScarJo, Damon, etc getting criticized by Asian actors about whitewashing Asian parts, no way Keanu would get off scott free when Spike Spiegel supposedly created to be the mirror image of the Japanese creator and updated to be based on a Japanese actor:manny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I feel like JGL isn't physically imposing enough, Keanu could channel that Bruce Lee jazz-like fighting style Spike has pretty well as he has been a proven action star.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Don't get me wrong, I don't care either way but with ScarJo, Damon, etc getting criticized by Asian actors about whitewashing Asian parts, no way Keanu would get off scott free when Spike Spiegel supposedly created to be the mirror image of the Japanese creator and updated to be based on a Japanese actor:manny:
But they aren't Asian :dwillhuh: just look at their last names. I also heard they are making a live Full Metal Alchemist with asian actors :francis: they are obviously German. Both Hollywood and the Asian film people are confused about who should do what. Ghost in the Shell should be Asian and Attack on Titan should be white for example.