if there is one thing u could change about MODERN wrestling what gets the :camby:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd make wrestlers stay off of social media. If you're supposed to be a deranged killer from Parts Unknown, I don't need to see your IG posts of your latest Trader Joe's run.
Or at least keep it kayfabe if they’re going to be on there with a public profile. Though I could see that being problematic for the ones who have side jobs and need to use their name appeal to help with that.

I'd legalize steroids.
:whoa:

Blood has lost all meaning in modern wrestling. I'd save blading for big angles or big matches.
Agreed. Leave that for stuff like no DQ, street fights, etc. or blowoff matches for long heated feuds.

I'd ban wrestlers from discussing match layouts, planned finishes, etc. Them telling us that the shyt is fake doesn't help the business.
Everyone knows this shyt is fake (except Donald Trump :mjlol:) . Would be like telling actors not to discuss any behind the scenes stuff with a movie or tv show.

I'd bring back kid-friendly Saturday morning wrestling. "Wholesome" characters like R-Truth, Reggie, Rey Misterio, Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus, & Willow Nightengale would be huge with kids!
This would be fun. AEW could have a crossover event with Sesame Street since WBD owns Sesame Street.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Or at least keep it kayfabe if they’re going to be on there with a public profile. Though I could see that being problematic for the ones who have side jobs and need to use their name appeal to help with that.

:whoa:

Agreed. Leave that for stuff like no DQ, street fights, etc. or blowoff matches for long heated feuds.

Everyone knows this shyt is fake (except Donald Trump :mjlol:) . Would be like telling actors not to discuss any behind the scenes stuff with a movie or tv show.

This would be fun. AEW could have a crossover event with Sesame Street since WBD owns Sesame Street.
I was with you until your last point. I don't think that Tony Khan is legally able to be within 100 yards of Elmo or Big Bird.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I agree with a lot of what’s said here, definitely need finishers to be more protected

Speaking of which, finishers don’t need to be done every match. Certain big moves should be damn near the same as a finisher.

Unnecessary pins. We know damn well it’s gone be a kick out of an attempted pin 2 min into the match so what’s the point? :gucci:

Matches should end on regular moves to make every pin attempt look like it could be the end of the match

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Timing...that's all that needs to be done in wrestling is proper timing. I LOATHED the idea of a stun wrestler staring at a wrestler getting on the top rope to get his shyt in.

My personal favorite, a bunch of wrestlers holding each other up, while some goofy jumps on them and his mans. This shyt annoys me so much to the point where if I see such a thing, I automatically hit the :camby:

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Timing...that's all that needs to be done in wrestling is proper timing. I LOATHED the idea of a stun wrestler staring at a wrestler getting on the top rope to get his shyt in.

My personal favorite, a bunch of wrestlers holding each other up, while some goofy jumps on them and his mans. This shyt annoys me so much to the point where if I see such a thing, I automatically hit the :camby:
I cant fukking stand that dumb ass bowling ball spot. Dude jumps off the ropes, hits maybe 3 guys and the 17 others all fall down. Stupid ridiculous bullshyt :camby:

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
I know that we're only supposed to name one thing, but I've been holding these in for a long time so I'm gonna be on my K-Solo shyt .
Anyway:
  • Unnecessary flips & twirling. Rasslin matches are supposed to look like fights, not gymnastics competitions.
  • I'd save table breaking for major events/angles. Table spots used to be big deals, now they mean nothing.
  • I'd make hosses wrestle like hosses again. Everybody doesn't need to dive.
  • I'd make wrestlers stay off of social media. If you're supposed to be a deranged killer from Parts Unknown, I don't need to see your IG posts of your latest Trader Joe's run.
  • I'd bring back storyline reasons for wrestlers to want to fight each other. Random, thrown-together "dream matches" without history or context ain't it.
  • I'd legalize steroids. Rasslers don't look like rasslers anymore. There's nothing intimidating about a guy who looks like he stocks shoes at Foot Locker.
  • Blood has lost all meaning in modern wrestling. I'd save blading for big angles or big matches.
  • I'd ban wrestlers from discussing match layouts, planned finishes, etc. Them telling us that the shyt is fake doesn't help the business.
  • I'd bring back kid-friendly Saturday morning wrestling. "Wholesome" characters like R-Truth, Reggie, Rey Misterio, Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus, & Willow Nightengale would be huge with kids!

Directing this to Brian Cage, built like a tank wanna wrestle like a luchador :hhh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I cant fukking stand that dumb ass bowling ball spot. Dude jumps off the ropes, hits maybe 3 guys and the 17 others all fall down. Stupid ridiculous bullshyt :camby:

esports-game.gif

BREH!!!!!!!!!! :mindblown:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
We’ve been overexposed to high flying spots (unless it’s some Rey Fenix shyt), suicide dives, thumbtack spots, table breaks, etc to the point where it doesn’t get the crowd reactions that it should. Maybe scale that back a bit?

I know mic skills and character work is important in wrestling but holy shyt not everybody needs to do a 10-20 minute promo, I don’t really care what cats like Wheeler Yuta, Ricochet, and Braun Strowman have to say, keep it short and sweet.

Cut back on the worked shoot promos, it’s cool at times but when it shatters kayfabe it becomes cringey and try hard.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Wrestlers on the outside of the ring about to be counted out and just beating the 10 count at 9.9999. I don’t know about WWE, but AEW has abused the shyt out of doing it.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wrestlers on the outside of the ring about to be counted out and just beating the 10 count at 9.9999. I don’t know about WWE, but AEW has abused the shyt out of doing it.
This is why the Japan 20 count is so much better

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I know that we're only supposed to name one thing, but I've been holding these in for a long time so I'm gonna be on my K-Solo shyt .
Anyway:
  • Unnecessary flips & twirling. Rasslin matches are supposed to look like fights, not gymnastics competitions.
  • I'd save table breaking for major events/angles. Table spots used to be big deals, now they mean nothing.
  • I'd make hosses wrestle like hosses again. Everybody doesn't need to dive.
  • I'd make wrestlers stay off of social media. If you're supposed to be a deranged killer from Parts Unknown, I don't need to see your IG posts of your latest Trader Joe's run.
  • I'd bring back storyline reasons for wrestlers to want to fight each other. Random, thrown-together "dream matches" without history or context ain't it.
  • I'd legalize steroids. Rasslers don't look like rasslers anymore. There's nothing intimidating about a guy who looks like he stocks shoes at Foot Locker.
  • Blood has lost all meaning in modern wrestling. I'd save blading for big angles or big matches.
  • I'd ban wrestlers from discussing match layouts, planned finishes, etc. Them telling us that the shyt is fake doesn't help the business.
  • I'd bring back kid-friendly Saturday morning wrestling. "Wholesome" characters like R-Truth, Reggie, Rey Misterio, Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus, & Willow Nightengale would be huge with kids!

All facts! I hate the rope suicina or tile con girl or plancha or suicide dive spots. There is no reason for anyone that weighs over 200 lbs to be doing that shyt.

And to a bigger point I how how every one has the same move set. Wrestlers used to have a distinct style but now everyone is flipping around the ring like monkeys trying to get the biggest pop. What happened to top dollar was deserving. His big ass has no business wanting to land that spot. I don’t want to “look at the big man fly”.

Also lol at steroids. All I will say I agree, I think with doctors monitoring it there is no reason for overdosing
I agree with a lot of what’s said here, definitely need finishers to be more protected

Speaking of which, finishers don’t need to be done every match. Certain big moves should be damn near the same as a finisher

Unnecessary pins. We know damn well it’s gone be a kick out of an attempted pin 2 min into the match so what’s the point? :gucci:

Matches should end on regular moves to make every pin attempt look like it could be the end of the match
Right. Sami should win with the blue thunder bomb on random episodes of smackdown.
Seth should beat these random people in these qualifying matches with the top rope falcon arrow combo he does.

Why can’t he ever he the phoenix splash and when with it?

The Canadian destroyer, Spanish fly and more importantly the top rope Spanish fly should be banned. There is zero logical reason anyone should ever kick out of that but then loser to a roll up.

Also rollouts need to be limited to a few times a year and only for storyline reasons.

Matches are now unrememorable because everyone is trying to have a five star classic on every show and I feel like they all look the same now.

These reason are why I almost always fast forward matches on weekly tv. I only tune in during the week for the storylines.