If the PlayStation VR goes on sale for 200 or less during Black Friday is it worth it?

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I wouldn't mind having one especially if I can get it for that cheap but as of now it does not seem like it is worth 400 God damn dollars:hhh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I've already seen it going on sale for $200 at Target during black friday.
That's the head set alone. you'd still have to find the move controllers and the camera. You should be able to find them on ebay and/or amazon for pretty cheap though.
Plan on the total investment being $300.
That said, I still can't say that you need to get it.
If you have the money to burn, why not, otherwise, I would take that money and spend it on a Switch instead.

PSVR is very dope. I can't stress enough how incredible the experience is. The technology is impressive, but there aren't any games with replay value, and most of the games are very short with the exception of a few like Resident Evil 7.

If you have the expendable income, go for it. Other wise, you're money could easily be spent on other gaming platforms that will give you more entertainment in the long run.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's the only VR headset I would even consider at this point. If you have money to burn and are interested in it? Sure, but no rush. There just isn't enough out there to justify it IMO.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i been thinking this :patrice:

my boy wants me to buy his ps4 for 100 (5 games no controller) i was thinking if this PSVR goes on sale should i cop for resident evil alone

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
It's the only VR headset I would even consider at this point. If you have money to burn and are interested in it? Sure, but no rush. There just isn't enough out there to justify it IMO.

The only games I would cop for it at the moment are RE7, Farpoint and Skyrim. It needs at least 5-6 dope AAA full length titles for me to plurge. Not just tech demos

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The only games I would cop for it at the moment are RE7, Farpoint and Skyrim. It needs at least 5-6 dope AAA full length titles for me to plurge. Not just tech demos
RE7
Farpoint
Skyrim
Doom
Drive Club
Gran Turismo Sport
Eve Valkyrie
Super Hot
Ace Combat 7
The Inpatient

These are full games, some of which even have full online multiplayer.
Unfortunately the price of PSVR is still much higher than most people are willing to play, especially for a peripheral that you have to use first hand to even begin to understand.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just don’t see the appeal of this vr anyway so not to me
I still see VR gaming as a gimmick like motion controls. The game design has to reach the level of them making a great game that just happens to be VR rather than the VR itself being the dominating feature of the game for it to surpass that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If you have a 4k hdr tv then dont buy it cause the psvr blocks out the hdr
Yes and no.
The new PSVR models support HDR pass through.
With the old model you would have to unplug the PSVR when you aren't using it. Not a huge deal breaker, but still an annoyance depending on how much you even use the PSVR to begin with.