If The NBA Actually Had A New Top Dog They Wouldn’t have To Wait On Bron & Steph To Retire…They Would’ve Already Pushed Them Out Of The Way…

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
next one is wemby because foreigner or not, u can put on his highlights and people will have their mind blown.

Remember they tried to say ja was the new face? lmao.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Yep.

And I really believe it needs to be an American born player.

The league hit the jackpot with Bron, Kobe, Larry, Magic, Shaq, Steph(i love his path to being a superstar because not many expected what he did in college to translate to the league), and MJ. I just don't see a player right now, that can grab headlines. Maybe it can be Ant. I don't know.

Would love to see another cultural icon like AI

That player should've been you. :mjcry:

But you never got the green light because you were perceived as a questionable team player. :mjgrin:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Plot twist: they have plenty of guys who have next but they rigged the playoff structure with the playin to forcefully extend older players’ windows.

Coli Hoecomb

Trollin' in my 64'
Daps
Reppin
East Coast All Stars
Why would you ever wanna push out your two biggest money makers? This isn’t WWE, let them leave organically then push the stars of tomorrow
Exactly, but it wont be organic. They will force feed the next guy to you on espn/ sports media and brainwash you with some cherry picked stats into believing hes the best thing since sliced bread. The playbook wont change.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The next players will get the stage once they retire and that marketing $ gets poured into them and the narratives start to take shape they’ll also be the guys in the Finals and making the deep playoff runs.

Can’t count on another Bron he’s generational on and off the court and he has the wholesome fun loving family persona.

Tbh the kids nowadays not concerned with the old guard Ja, LaMelo, and Ant Man is three guys they really like.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Ja and Ant are too controversial to ever be a clean cut fan fave:hubie:

The Foreign players don’t have that appeal :yeshrug:

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
How Steph be face of the league but not get enough votes to start the all-star game? When I hear face of the league I just think of who the media wants to suck off the most.

NBA media has tried to push other names that just haven’t worked out. NBA media LOVES Embid, that man can do no harm in their eyes. He just can’t stay healthy and he hasn’t done anything in the playoffs. They hyped Ja and Zion but those dudes lack discipline. And of course NBA Media LOVES Jason Tatum and the Boston Celtics, Tatum just can’t get the big one…. I guarantee you if Boston wins it all they’re pushing the narrative that Tatum is the face of the league….

What helped Curry and Lebron is that they dominated the 2010s— we either got Bron in the finals, Curry in the finals, or both in the finals. Bron got a ring in the 2020s but it’s been a struggle to get back in the finals since… Curry got a ring in the 2020s but before that his team missed the playoffs twice and trying to claim a play-in spot this year.

The league is different now… every year there’s are different teams in the finals and the last five mvps have been from international players

NBA media grasping hard to find someone consistent without any luck so they just revert back to Bron and Curry past time

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Wemby should have been in the all star game. I know the Spurs suck but forget the record .He is the face and future of the league.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep.

And I really believe it needs to be an American born player.

The league hit the jackpot with Bron, Kobe, Larry, Magic, Shaq, Steph(i love his path to being a superstar because not many expected what he did in college to translate to the league), and MJ. I just don't see a player right now, that can grab headlines. Maybe it can be Ant. I don't know.

Would love to see another cultural icon like AI
Ja Morant is that.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean if we want to get technical the Nuggets swept the Lakers in the playoffs last year and Jokic was the best player on the court easily

This year the Lakers & Warriors are the 9 and 10 seeds and will likely have to fight for their lives just to make it in

The teams with the four best records in the league are led by 25 year old Jayson Tatum, 22 year old Anthony Edwards, 25 year old Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and 27 year old Donovan Mitchell

This season Giannis had more ASG fan votes and Tatum had more jersey sales than LeBron

The national media are the ones who are lagging behind, still acting like the NBA season revolves around LeBron & Steph