If houses depreciated like cars,wouldnt that solve most economic issues?

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they tried this in the USSR, it doesnt work

they should definitely stop these fukkin investment companies from buying up single families, but thats not gonna get rid of competition for the rest of us
A bidding war of a few 1,000 isn't the same as a corporation paying double for a property

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It can work. If houses were affordable everyone could have a nice house. If I could buy a 80 year old house for $10 grand and fix it up, it be nice. Instead an 80 year old house that was valued at 20,000 80 years ago is now worth 300,000 with no up keep

Why would the person who owns the house sell it to you for 10 grand? You can’t force them to sell it. And there lies your problem, if people wanted homes but others aren’t willing to sell at low prices what happens? The price goes up!

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
If you have a tool box, a tool shed, home improvement store account/s, know how to use YouTube videos, have friends or relatives with some skills your home will not depreciate in America. And some energy! 😁

This young chick really impressed me.

Renter Friendly House Flip​

Tight story about this North Carolina couple.

63f4314f5ca81e001855807d

6401b61bbf7e0e001b794841

Last edited:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would the person who owns the house sell it to you for 10 grand? You can’t force them to sell it. And there lies your problem, if people wanted homes but others aren’t willing to sell at low prices what happens? The price goes up!
You are correct in you can't force them to sell it, but the value isn't really up the homeowner. It can be, but as you see in todays market these values are ridiculous. the same house 4 years ago was worth 3/4x less than it is now. Thats ridiculous. You did no upgrades, no nothing, you just woke up and ya house is now worth 10x what you paid for it.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You are correct in you can't force them to sell it, but the value isn't really up the homeowner. It can be, but as you see in todays market these values are ridiculous. the same house 4 years ago was worth 3/4x less than it is now. Thats ridiculous. You did no upgrades, no nothing, you just woke up and ya house is now worth 10x what you paid for it.

The home owner doesn’t have to do anything, the market changed. Builders aren’t building cheap starter homes anymore because they all got fukked during the housing crash. I’m Atlanta it’s pretty much all luxury homes or townhomes. That’s it. So if you want a single family house, you going to have to PAY.

You can’t force builders to build and again you keep ignoring the problem that there are more people who want to buy a home than there are homes available.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It can work. If houses were affordable everyone could have a nice house. If I could buy a 80 year old house for $10 grand and fix it up, it be nice. Instead an 80 year old house that was valued at 20,000 80 years ago is now worth 300,000 with no up keep

10K?that might be a little too cheap:mjlol:

But I guess if you think about it,at a certain point in depreciation it would make no sense to sell it. Unless you cant afford any kind of repairs some how. It would make more sense to keep it as secondary income to rent out.

Makes more sense to have people whove paid for their home. Then saved up to buy another home be the ones renting out homes to people. Its more of a natural progression than having 24 year olds buying homes and renting them out for AirBNB driving cost up.

Youd have people who already paid off a home by 35-40. Saved up to buy another by 45-50. Renting out a home to first time renters. This would probably even take some weight off social security. One flaw I see is I dont know what the incentive would be to rent vs rent to own:pachaha:

Might have to put an age limit on who can rent to own. Lets say maybe 25 and up,gotta show a good rental history first.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Historically low” interest rate paired with historically high home prices = ?

80 years ago homes cost like $100k in today’s dollars and shyt. So who cares if they had a high interest rate. :childplease:
the population was 130 million in 1940. now its 330 million, and the amount of land hasnt changed. i dont know what to tell you :yeshrug: