Ice Cube Speaks On Chris Tucker And Reveals The Issues With Getting The Last Friday Movie

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Cube realizes it isn’t gonna happen.. the only reason he keeps addressing it is because every interview he does, someone asks about it and the lil clip about it makes it’s rounds

He actively was trying to make it happen years ago but the powers that be wouldn’t let him… he aired his thoughts once again after Witherspoon died and did a social media campaign to get WB to release the rights but they won’t do it; also doesn’t help that the Friday movies are always top 10 streamable movies every time they pop back up on a streaming platform.. WB ain’t lettin that go

In regards to Chris Tucker, it’s obvious he don’t wanna do that movie or any movie in particular. He’s made excuses over the years and left cliffhanger answers but the reality is he don’t wanna do it. The only movie I can see him committing to is another Rush Hour and they won’t even do that

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Damn...did Cube even know them 2 dudes names?

He named Witherspoon and referred to the others as their character names when talking about them being dead.

Very disrespectful....
i didnt take it like that. He explaining it to a crowd of people. He just sayin the character names cause he puttin it in the context of the Friday franchise. Its easier for folks to know who he's talking about and why these popular Friday characters wont be returning.

Anyways...Put this Friday shyt to rest. At this point its like the movie form of Detox. Who cares anymore. Like Cube said...Chris Tucker aint really bout it...some of the more popular characters are no longer with us. The studio aint rockin wit Cube's vision. Any more effort into this is just forcing it. You can just make new shyt with these actors (like he been doin with Mike Epps) and have more freedom and less roadblocks

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I honestly would just like to see Chris Tucker do any new comedy movie. Don't care what it is as long as its good.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I recently went to Los Angeles for my Birthday and got a chance to visit the house that Cube and Smokey shot at

Sat at the porch..

Real people live in that house and charge $10 for pictures :russ:

And that was really Ms. Parker’s house when they shot the original

F. Gary Gray also lived on that block :ohhh:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Chris Tucker really shot himself in the foot career wise when he started commanding high salary demands to star in a movie. I get the Rush Hour films were huge hits and you were the most memorable thing in the first beloved Friday movie, but you want $25 million dollars to star in a film. I'm sure directors and film executives looked at his asking price and went...

Jerry-Seinfeld-George-Costanza-Look-at-Eachother-Say-No.gif

I still have to give props to Chris Tucker for sticking to his guns and never coming back to the Smokey role despite the fact that his career dried up after 2001 due to his high salary demands although I'm also kind of sad that he never did.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
at this point, I don't even need another friday movie. plus it's not gonna hit nearly as hard without pops, ezell and debo.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Chris Tucker really shot himself in the foot career wise when he started commanding high salary demands to star in a movie. I get the Rush Hour films were huge hits and you were the most memorable thing in the first beloved Friday movie, but you want $25 million dollars to star in a film. I'm sure directors and film executives looked at his asking price and went...

Jerry-Seinfeld-George-Costanza-Look-at-Eachother-Say-No.gif

I still have to give props to Chris Tucker for sticking to his guns and never coming back to the Smokey role despite the fact that his career dried up after 2001 due to his high salary demands although I'm also kind of sad that he never did.

chris tucker has left so much money on the table by simply ONLY making rush hour movies when he was at the height of his career.