Ice Cube says he wishes he had never passed on the O-Dog role for Menace II Society

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
He coulda did Sharif since he was on his 5 %er Steez back then....now if Pac was O Dogg:picard:

Pac was supposed to be Sharif actually:pachaha: he thought the character made no sense.

Honestly that was a bullshyt role to give Pac. Hughes bros didn't want to put him in the movie. But they needed his name in it to get it greenlighted. I think they said they needed star rappers.

Hughes bros deserved that beat down they got:pachaha:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Pac was supposed to be Sharif actually:pachaha: he thought the character made no sense.

Honestly that was a bullshyt role to give Pac. Hughes bros didn't want to put him in the movie. But they needed his name in it to get it greenlighted. I think they said they needed star rappers.

Hughes bros deserved that beat down they got:pachaha:

Huh?! Pac would’ve bodied the role of Sharif.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Low key he just playing his rap persona in every role I’ve seen. Even when he a cop. He could be playing in Langston Hughes in a bio and you’d think he was playing his typical role.
Ice cube essentially only has to characters he plays in every movie it’s Craig from Friday or Doughboy (which is just rapper persona anyway). And those two are already mad similar.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He already did better hood movies such as Friday and Boys in the hood both of which had more of a crossover appeal than menace.
not saying Menace is a bad movie, but it doesn't make him anymore famous than he already is.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Tate bodied that role. Unless Cube needed the money I'm glad he didn't sign up to play ODog. It would've over kill for him to play another gangbanger anyways

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand why PAC didn’t want to play shariff. I mean that would’ve been PAC playing himself hollerin that black power narrative. I guess he wanted to play his thug life persona.

Unfortunately, I think Pac misunderstood the character, and didn’t like that he would be the peacemaker of the film. I think the actor that played Caine said in an interview that Pac wanted them to show why Sharif turned Muslim, instead of leaving it to the audiences imagination, he probably was worried people would think his character was a punk, but if you pay attention to the movie, Sharif is the most respected of the group, so you know he put in some demonic work before he found Allah.
Called that nikka O-Dog “Kevin” like his momma’ named him, and nobody batted an eye.