Ice Cube on 'F*ck The Police' :: "Dr Dre Didn't Wanna Do It."

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
6fe0d73b-55aa-4b56-b442-abd6d07dede1_Screen+Shot+2022-11-29+at+2.32.22+PM.png

"fukk the Police" by NWA serves as both one of Hip-Hop's most controversial songs and perhaps NWA's signature.

In Jonathan Abrams' new book, The Come Up an Oral History of the Rise of Hip Hop, he reveals that "fukk The Police" is the song that almost wasn't.

"I threw the lyrics away at first," Ice Cube said. "Dre said that he didn't wanna do the song. I had rapped it to him a year before we actually did it, and he was going through an issue where he had to go to jail every weekend, Friday night, get out Monday morning. He didn't wanna do the record cause he was like 'Dude I don't want these sheriffs fukkin me up when they find out that I produced this record when I go in for the weekend.' He had just served like three months or something so he was like 'Nah.'"

Cube revealed that it was one of his friends in Arizona who convinced him to salvage the lyrics.

"I'm thinking this song is never gonna get made," Cube said. "I was going to school in Phoenix, Arizona and I was goin' through my lyrics in my rap books and I was bustin' raps to my homeboy Phoenix Phil. I came across "fukk The Police" and I rapped it to him and he freaked out. When he freaked out, I just tore it out the book, because I didn't wanna keep it if we weren't going to do it. I just balled it up and threw it in the trash, and he was like 'Aw hell no.' He took it out of the trash, opened it back up and spread it across the table and made it flat, and he put it back in the folder part of my notebook."

We doing this. We are all gonna write a verse and we are doing this fukkin' song.
- Eazy E

Cube says that once work started on Straight Outta Compton, he said his "fukk the Police" rhymes for Eazy, Yella and Ren. "I told them that I had this song and Dr' didn't wanna do it, and Eazy said, 'Pull it out. I wanna hear this shyt'. I pulled it out and did my verse and he was like: 'We doing this. We are all gonna write a verse and we are gonna do this fukking song.' By then Dre was off of that weekend program, and he was like 'fukk it, let's do it. Let's start working on it.'"

Ice Cube on "F-ck The Police": "Dre Didn't Wanna Do It β€” I Threw the Lyrics Away"[/QUOTE]

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
But he rather make music with serial killer themes and pedophile junk with Eminem :why:

Just states he didn’t want to do it because he was currently having to spend weekends in jail and didn’t want that being a reason they did him dirty. He was for it after.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Spend weekends in jail for making that type of music?
You can't be that dumb. Of course somebody don't want to make a song saying fukk the police when you spending the weekend in the jail with the police. ESPECIALLY out in Cali where they was fukking nikkas up on the regular during that time. That's why it makes sense that when he was done with the program and it would be harder for cops to get to him that he'd be cool with it.