"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" Whitney Houston biopic from Sony

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasnt bad. I felt they didn't do that good of a job showing the passage of time and the later Bobby and Whitney was barely acknowledged

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Getting trash reviews. Heard it was hella rushed.

Somebody bigger than life like Whitney, you either have to do an epic limited series OR you have to center the film during a crucial and particular time in their lives, its too much to cram into 2 hours her entire life and career.

Same thing for Michael Jackson

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Somebody bigger than life like Whitney, you either have to do an epic limited series OR you have to center the film during a crucial and particular time in their lives, its too much to cram into 2 hours her entire life and career.

Have said the same, many times, on here. My Week With Marilyn is a good example, of one that works. My idea for a Pac movie would be just the last week of his life, and how chaotic, thrilling, dangerous it was.

Love Whitney, but I passed on this. I even saw The Bodyguard musical! lol -- but this looked flimsy.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Is Ole Girl better than Yaya in the role?
rs_1024x759-140715150500-1024.yaya-dacosta-whitney-houston.jpg

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
They really need to start getting with the "Streamers" for bio-pics give it a 10 episode run or a couple seasons. Like imagine making a Michael Jackson movie how can you cram everything into a 2-3 hr movie. You can't, it's why the Pac movie sucked they just read the Source and Vibe articles and made a shytty surface level movie.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I agree, Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs film got this right by telling the story around three product launches

Daps

Yep, something like Jacksons an American Dream or the Temptations miniseries.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Out in the streets

I gave it an 8/10

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Wasn't a bad watch but definitely nothing to write home about. Like others have said two hours wasn't enough time and Ashton Sanders keeps getting miscast in the roles he is picked for. Ole boy from Power was a better Bobby Brown then he was.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Damn this shyt sucked :russ: i cracked up when i saw bobby digital playing bobby brown … i was expecting a “and i will always love you yo!” from that nikka

they need to stop doing bio pics that don’t delve into the character and are just glorified career slideshows … there’s no actual story here …could have used narration to give the movie some actual structure