"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" Whitney Houston biopic from Sony

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
That looks like a disaster. The most cookie cutter music biopic trailer I've ever seen, which makes sense since it's from the writer of fukking Bohemian Rhapsody. Awful title, too.

And the fact that they didn't bother to show Bobby is worrying too.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This looks objectively terrible but then again it's written by the guy who did Bohemian Rhapsody and that shyt was atrocious too. Very soulless adaptions of music legends that feel more like they're meant to sell records than present a compelling story.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
hate to be on that, but the only full black actresses we giving work to are africans? we either got the biracial squad (zoe, zendaya, tessa, zazie [tho she looks like a regular LS black person] etc. nothing wrong with that, but they are getting all the roles and it doesn't lead to representation for non mixed black women to see themselves) or africans...edit: i'm wrong, her fam origins are grenandian :ehh:

this also looks almost as low budget as the Lifetime movie. Straight Outta Compton really opened the flood gates for Hollywood to biopic us to death

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
hate to be on that, but the only full black actresses we giving work to are africans? we either got the biracial squad (zoe, zendaya, tessa, zazie [tho she looks like a regular LS black person] etc. nothing wrong with that, but they are getting all the roles and it doesn't lead to representation for non mixed black women to see themselves) or africans...edit: i'm wrong, her fam origins are grenandian :ehh:

this also looks almost as low budget as the Lifetime movie. Straight Outta Compton really opened the flood gates for Hollywood to biopic us to death

apparently her family were producers so they had a say in the choosing of the actress :yeshrug:

What do you do if this woman did a better job during the casting selection than the other American Black Women who tried out for the role? :yeshrug:

I get what you saying tho

Daps
The past 10 years has been a fukking BLITZ of the Whitney Bobby story. Between the miniseries, documentaries & movies I’ve never seen such coverage in such a short time span for anyone else

Even if you didn’t live through the shyt I’m sure you’re like enough at this point

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I can’t quite put my finger on it but the trailer looks kind of…off.

The actress playing Whitney is REALLY good, its nothing against her. The trailer just looks “fake epic” like one step above a VH1 film