I used to be the Gold Standard, now I’m just Shelton

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
At the same token, do we really want our black wrestlers to be transition champions just to say they was champion? Because thats what Swagger was
Eh, I think if you get a legit shot and run with it things can happen. I remember there was a time when many wold call Lashley bland and now look at him.

Shelton Benjamin is NOT the dude to die on that heel for :dead:
He pretty much had all of the talent in the ring and he had ton of momentum until BS happened. You can't tell me when he had momentum that he shouldn't have at least one title reign. Also the mic skills talk about Benjamin is something that is overblown and you could've easily given him a manager to hide his mic skills. Things might've been much different if he had a manager like MVP backing him

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Shelton was a generation too early.
I grt what you're saying but if he were in this generation he wouldn't stand out. He'd be another Indy darling style wrestler. Shelton's biggest upside is that he was doing what he was doing in the era he was doing it.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I grt what you're saying but if he were in this generation he wouldn't stand out. He'd be another Indy darling style wrestler. Shelton's biggest upside is that he was doing what he was doing in the era he was doing it.
I more so meant for him being black. Brehs getting more shine all over than ever before. But I feel you on that. I assume his style too would adapt but he's also a legit athlete which would help him get a legit push too. His measurables at the PC would be astounding