I turned 30 this year and for the first time I'm experiencing knee pain.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
My dad has bad knees too :snoop:
I worked out pretty regularly in my 20's but I didn't do much cardio until my late 20's.

I been getting back into cardio recently but I've been experiencing knee pain afterwards.

My pops suggested I used Bengay before and after workouts :flabbynsick:
Have any of y'all experience this and can you suggest any knee braces I should use during workouts?:flabbynsick:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Start swimming breh. Get as lean/light as you reasonably can (not sure what your diet is like, nor what your job is, some people need to be heavier for their jobs).

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My dad has bad knees too :snoop:
I worked out pretty regularly in my 20's but I didn't do much cardio until my late 20's.

I been getting back into cardio recently but I've been experiencing knee pain afterwards.

My pops suggested I used Bengay before and after workouts :flabbynsick:
Have any of y'all experience this and can you suggest any knee braces I should use during workouts?:flabbynsick:
Do you have too much weight ?
Is your running form not correct ?
Strengthening those quads may help also.

You may just want to stick to stairs or dial back the treadmill if you’re in the gym .

As others have said less impact should help

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
If you run, stop running if you can everyday. Plus you more than likely gain a few pounds which might be causing the issue.

My fukking knees been cooked since playing basketball on the concrete(and running for boxing) since I was kid. When I was 27-28 my shyt start acting up. I stopped that shyt and started to just focus on working out. Weight training, some CrossFit shyt, and using the stair mill.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
Go to a licensed physical therapist and get a professional diagnosis.

Knees are not something to play with. fukk these remedies and broscience tips.

Go to a physical therapist, not a chiro, get a referral from your doctor after getting x-rays.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Plenty of knee strengthening exercises out there.

only time I’ve experienced knee pain is from basketball and working manual labor jobs.

have strong legs will get rid of them. Also ice your knees if needed.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm in my early 30s and started experiencing knee pain after 3 mile runs. I would have trouble bending the knee walking up steps for example. I bought some compression knee sleeves off Amazon and never experienced the issue again. Just remember not to overuse the sleeve and only wear it during your cardio.