I think next gen consoles made a HUGE mistake not going with Nvidia.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Microsoft included it, Sony didn't :manny:
Early known usage on xbox is ther implementation of hdr in all previous gen titles. ML direct is responsible for that, same tech, free for developers to use

X Box Series X doesn't have DLSS 2.0 do you even watch the videos you post

also even on PC only certain games support it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
there's similar upscaling methods, checkerboard, etc. they're probably not as good though

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
they are nickle and diming us with bullshyt

added info
you can run nintendo switch through 4k Xbox output ... it upscales whatever is pulled into it
extremely low latency if you have XB1X and not the base model

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Those are global solutions, but DLSS is a frame-by-frame solution
I'm not sure what you mean by "frame-by-frame", but DLSS 2.0 requires the game to use TAA, and requires devs to do some work to implement it. there's talk about DLSS 3.0 being easier to implement, but that remains to be seen

but my point is that ultimately it's just another upscaling method. Death Stranding also uses AMD's FidelityFX Contrast Aware Sharpening, which offers a similar performance boost, but doesn't look as good. and AMD might have something else for RDNA 2 and the consoles

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure what you mean by "frame-by-frame", but DLSS 2.0 requires the game to use TAA, and requires devs to do some work to implement it. there's talk about DLSS 3.0 being easier to implement, but that remains to be seen

but my point is that ultimately it's just another upscaling method. Death Stranding also uses AMD's FidelityFX Contrast Aware Sharpening, which offers a similar performance boost, but doesn't look as good. and AMD might have something else for RDNA 2 and the consoles

The AI is working on every frame is what I mean, vs normal solutions that are static. Basically it’s more granular upscale.

Honestly I hope AMD has something in store. Between Ryzen and consoles they’ve been eating well while they just stay in the middle ground on GPUs now

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PS5 and Xbox would be more expensive
They actually could have used a weaker and cheaper GPU but achieved better performance than the 2080 like performance next gen is aiming for. shyt, a 2070 with DLSS will probably match a 3080 without it.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The poster that mentioned the APU were spot on. The main price differential is that AMD can undercut Nvidia by quite a bit price wise because they have a synergy going that Nvidia doesn’t have at that tier. Notice that they have a deal with Nintendo and that’s an all in one unit..but Tegra contains a mobile level cpu..

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
X Box Series X doesn't have DLSS 2.0 do you even watch the videos you post

also even on PC only certain games support it
I do, do you read the post you quote :gucci:I say ML direct which is Microsoft's version of nvidia's dlss 2.0 tech. Sony doesn't have an equivalent in its ps5 design. Go check your notes and watch how you address da boss. Stop trying to win brownie points with bytch nikkaz, that's some sucka shyt ya heard :ufdup: