I slept on Key and Peele

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The show definitely benefited from the Chappelle show. From Dave's perspective they were doing his show, but I think that's more in reference to the behind the scenes shyt. They accepted the deal he refused. The timing, promotion, production and format of the show is definitely directly taken from the Chappelle Show.

The humor however is different, and Key and Peele had some funny ass sketches. I don't think they ever tried to imitate Dave's style. I think they played up the half white shyt in the beginning to differentiate themselves from the Chappelle show but at the end of the day their jokes are what made theme different.

I loved both shows for different reasons

I thought the Carlos Mencia show was a DIRECT rip off of Chappelle Show. Down to the theme of the skits (racism, difference between races). Don't really see it with Key and Peele but kinda I guess.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
It wasnt close to 80% hit rate though. It was nearly 50/50. Some of the good stuff were pretty good but some were so bad I nearly stopped watching altogether.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I've tried with this show time and time again. The shyt is complete :trash:

Obviously a show like this wouldn't have gotten on the air if not for Chappelle but it's nothing like Chappelle's Show. Taking the quality level of Chappelle out of the equation, it's such a badly written show. These dudes would take half a joke and stretch that half a joke for 4-5 minutes. That's the definition of shytty comedy :deadrose: Chappelle skits had jokes coming at you a mile a minute.

I'm almost tempted to say that Amy Schumer's corny show got more jokes than Key & Peele. That's how bad K&P is

Daps
Key and Peele: good at acting and getting into character. Jokes fall flat because they're more Saturday Night Live sketch comedians instead of true stand up comics.

Chappelle: great at telling jokes, solid skits but not really an actor. His skits worked because he was funny, not because he got into character.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
This shyt is disgusting. I just watched these half nikkas make fun of ethnic names. I tried mad tv was funnier than this shyt.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Key and Peele: good at acting and getting into character. Jokes fall flat because they're more Saturday Night Live sketch comedians instead of true stand up comics.

Chappelle: great at telling jokes, solid skits but not really an actor. His skits worked because he was funny, not because he got into character.

I need to see what’s good with k&p.

Dave helped usher in conscience hip hop to the mainstream forefront 2003/04. Kanye, mos, common, roots, talib etc. were all mainstream by 2004 and were known alongside 50cent, Lil Wayne,lil Jon, Jay Z, and ludacris.