I slept on Key and Peele

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Wait till you see the Family Matter skit.

As someone that watched all season of this and Chappelle.

I think the only comparisons you can have with it is the same comparisons Chappelle had with Living Color or MadTV. Its a sketch show like many others.... after that thats it.

This had its own vibe. DC was great cuz DC is just a naturally funny dude but at the end of the day most of his skits were "DC over the top in a costume"

With K&P, both of these dudes were pretty good to really good actors and they could just get lost in the characters played and bring them to life.

And not trynna shyt one either and say one is better than the other.

But one style is in the line of say a Will Smith, Will Farrell, Denzel, Sam L, Tom Cruise and the other is in line of a J Depp, Tom Hardy, Leo DiCap, etc

If that makes since

Martha

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show definitely benefited from the Chappelle show. From Dave's perspective they were doing his show, but I think that's more in reference to the behind the scenes shyt. They accepted the deal he refused. The timing, promotion, production and format of the show is definitely directly taken from the Chappelle Show.

The humor however is different, and Key and Peele had some funny ass sketches. I don't think they ever tried to imitate Dave's style. I think they played up the half white shyt in the beginning to differentiate themselves from the Chappelle show but at the end of the day their jokes are what made theme different.

I loved both shows for different reasons

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Average at best, the only skit that really stood out for me was the MMA one, and damn did that football bit get stale hella quick. Comedy comes threes, and that's where they failed or succeeded depending on if you liked them.

Watch any of their skits, and it follows the same format.
1. Set up
2. Set up, but bigger
3. Set up, but biggest

3 is where they fail. Where Dave is able to subvert your expectations of the joke; K&P have trouble pulling that off. There are exceptions, it could be their writers or them, but if I can predict the punchline you've lost me.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Gotta stop acting like white people never watched Chappelle. Those idiots were the ones who would always yell out "I'm Rick James bytch" at any of his stand-up shows while the sketch show was still airing. Just because he's attacking their sensibilities today doesn't mean they didn't love him before that.

Comedy Central is a channel that appeals to white people by and large. Other than Chappelle, K&P and South Park, I can't watch anything on that network.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I swept em under the rug cause I figured they were just watered down half breeds stealing Chappelles swag (they still may be garbage, I haven't seen enough to determine if they aren't)
but these Neil Degrassi Tyson skits got me crying lol

:russ::russ::russ::russ: