I should’ve bought more American Airlines stock

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also OP you can look at their earning schedule for this next qrt. It should be horrible and the stock will most likely fall. Once the earning date hits buy the stock.

I did this shyt with dollar general the last 5 months. I would sell it when it reached a high. Then buy it back when it dropped. I did this over and over again. Bout to do it again once it falls a little. I will buy it again then sell once earnings are reported.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What sites do y’all brehs buy/trade sticks on? :feedme:

I had a TD Trade account a few years back but got more caught up in crypto

Is that still a good one? Are there better? And do y’all fukk with any apps? :jbhmm:

Fidelity and vanguard. Thats where all my 401ks and IRAs have been in since I been working. So I just leave everything innthose accounts.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Why worry OP there is still money to be made. If the dow comes all the way back it will most likely be even higher than it was before.

Case in point during the rona crash wayfair stock was 23 dollars a share. I forgot about it and some weeks pass. I finally remember to jump on it but its at 70 bucks. I say well it still has room to grow plus their earmings is coming up. I buy 10 shares and 2 or 3 weeks pass with the stock jumping 15 bucks a week. Wayfairs earnings come out and the stock jumps from 130 to 170 in one day.

I sell my stock and get 1700 out my 700 buck investment.

What I am saying with all of this is that there is still money to be made. You can still jump in at 20 and when the dow comes all the way back and everything is normal the stock may be 80 bucks or more by then.
I bought 1200 shares of Hertz when it was at 82 cents. As of right now its $2.91. I'm gonna probably hold my position long term.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Is that still a good one? Are there better? And do y’all fukk with any apps? :jbhmm:

I would get started on etfs. basically bundled stock packages based on how they are categorized

Best Precious Metals ETFs for Q3 2020

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

I have a tdameritrade and a Robinhood account.

I mainly use tdameritrade because I don't trust Robinhood tech stack. I've seen them crash too often during high demand times since thier servers can't handle high traffic.

Robinhood crashes for third time as markets tank

Them crashing could cost you tens of thousands

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a tdameritrade and a Robinhood account.

I mainly use tdameritrade because I don't trust Robinhood tech stack. I've seen them crash too often during high demand times since thier servers can't handle high traffic.

Robinhood crashes for third time as markets tank

Them crashing could cost you tens of thousands

Agree and thate why l don't mess with robinhood.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Cool man you made a good come up. I thought Hertz filed for bankruptcy? Or did they just contemplate to file?

they did. But it was a chapter 11. They are going to reorganize. Given the reason why they filed in the first place has me thinking they will bounce back.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
It's all good OP, you made money, not to mention they're saying a second wave of covid will happen in the Fall. If another wave of covid occurs, we might see a similar market dip again in the Fall.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they did. But it was a chapter 11. They are going to reorganize. Given the reason why they filed in the first place has me thinking they will bounce back.

Oh ok. I am always leery when companies file for bankruptcy. Because you can be caught holding a stock that isn't worth a dime after reorg.

I mentioned this before with GM how folks who had that stock after they filed for bankruptcy lost everything. Cause they reorged and dumped the stock. Had a homey who put like close to a grand in them. They filed for bankruptcy and reorged. Then had a new stock open and dumped the other stock. So basically all the investors stocks were worth like 1/10 a penny for every share they owned.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Oh ok. I am always leery when companies file for bankruptcy. Because you can be caught holding a stock that isn't worth a dime after reorg.

I mentioned this before with GM how folks who had that stock after they filed for bankruptcy lost everything. Cause they reorged and dumped the stock. Had a homey who put like close to a grand in them. They filed for bankruptcy and reorged. Then had a new stock open and dumped the other stock. So basically all the investors stocks were worth like 1/10 a penny for every share they owned.

GM and Hertz fell because of lack of demand. The difference tho is why. GM suffered from multiple variables. They had to be bailed out. Hertz problems were due to a temporary but sudden drop in demand. They should rebound eventually.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Stocks Brehs ..

:feedme:

I'm listening to " The Intelligent Investor " on audiobook . Taking Notes

Is that a good start ?
It’s a decent book. One piece of advice , however you invest be it funds (this should be your main avenue) or individual stocks adopt a long term mentality. That means 10years at a minimum.

Ideally buy one or two Vanguard funds and a couple elsewhere, drip feed a monthly amount and forget about it indefinitely.

You’ll outperform 90% of professional investors with relatively little stress