I should’ve bought more American Airlines stock

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Every investor goes through this. This is how we feel now that we know where the bottom was and hindsight is 20/20. We've already forgotten how scary it was to see the market drop 6-8% every day.

Realistically, almost nobody perfectly goes all in on the dip and ends up retired in a month. Smart money does exactly what you did... Could you have invested more? Sure. But don't at all feel like you fukked up here. $9.00 is still a great price.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Every investor goes through this. This is how we feel now that we know where the bottom was and hindsight is 20/20. We've already forgotten how scary it was to see the market drop 6-8% every day.

Realistically, almost nobody perfectly goes all in on the dip and ends up retired in a month. Smart money does exactly what you did... Could you have invested more? Sure. But don't at all feel like you fukked up here. $9.00 is still a great price.

yeah but my job gives me inside access to the airline industry.

I knew about their flight forecast and cancellations before the lockdown.

I didn’t think it would rise this fast or the bottom out was over when I initially got in. News hit and boom. shyt skyrocketed .

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
And if it really concerns you that much, by the airline etc, jets

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why worry OP there is still money to be made. If the dow comes all the way back it will most likely be even higher than it was before.

Case in point during the rona crash wayfair stock was 23 dollars a share. I forgot about it and some weeks pass. I finally remember to jump on it but its at 70 bucks. I say well it still has room to grow plus their earmings is coming up. I buy 10 shares and 2 or 3 weeks pass with the stock jumping 15 bucks a week. Wayfairs earnings come out and the stock jumps from 130 to 170 in one day.

I sell my stock and get 1700 out my 700 buck investment.

What I am saying with all of this is that there is still money to be made. You can still jump in at 20 and when the dow comes all the way back and everything is normal the stock may be 80 bucks or more by then.