I never fukked with Spike Lee again after this

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
It is also a lot shorter and the impact of the reveal was not set up well. But wow, they actually made it a bit darker that the original.
i mean...

if you seen the original you already knew what was gonna happen.
not the best movie to remake imo. but i aint hate it.
shyt personally, and this gonna sound stooooooopid as all get up.
but i liked The Good Samaritan better than both them shyts.

cause Ruth Neggas titties!!!

:takedat:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
dont know why people hated that shyt.
its the exact same movie as the original...

just a Spike Lee Joint.

:martin:

Nobody wanted a remake of a foreign movie 10 years after the original came out. Had nothing to do with Spike Lee, anybody could've remade it and the response would be the same. It originally had Justin Lin, and later Steven Spielberg attached to it before Spike. People wasn't feeling that shyt, either.

Fred.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Most people didn't fukk with it when it came out.

Got mixed reviews and flopped at the box office.

Fred.
I remember. I don't think it even got a theatrical release in any of my local theaters.
Fun fact: According to Roger Ebert (who praised the film), Bamboozled was the first major motion picture to be filmed in HD.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember. I don't think it even got a theatrical release in any of my local theaters.
Fun fact: According to Roger Ebert (who praised the film), Bamboozled was the first major motion picture to be filmed in HD.

It got a very limited theatrical run. I picked it up from Blockbuster a couple years after it came out.

Thought it was cool but there was no way in hell this was gonna be promoted properly and get a wide release, given the content. Not even in 2000.

And this shyt would never make it out of a pitch meeting nowadays.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Most people didn't fukk with it when it came out.

Got mixed reviews and flopped at the box office.

Fred.
It flopped because no studio or distributor wanted to touch the movie. There was no money to make, to distribute or to market the movie and it only got made and released because Spike scraped the money together.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It flopped because no studio or distributor wanted to touch the movie. There was no money to make, to distribute or to market the movie and it only got made and released because Spike scraped the money together.

I know....

It got a very limited theatrical run. I picked it up from Blockbuster a couple years after it came out.

Thought it was cool but there was no way in hell this was gonna be promoted properly and get a wide release, given the content. Not even in 2000.

Fred.

Fred.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
Nobody wanted a remake of a foreign movie 10 years after the original came out. Had nothing to do with Spike Lee, anybody could've remade it and the response would be the same. It originally had Justin Lin, and later Steven Spielberg attached to it before Spike. People wasn't feeling that shyt, either.

Fred.

Yeah, I remember when Spielberg & Will Smith were attached to the remake, but it fell through. Oh, those old IMDB boards certainly were up in arms about it if you catch my drift.:mjpls:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Fred.
Especially now!
Do you know how many boycots and cancel tweets there would be if Bamboozled would be made now?

I got my copy at Blockbuster, too. Those 5 for $20 dvd clearance bins!
:ohlawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I remember when Spielberg & Will Smith were attached to the remake, but it fell through. Oh, those old IMDB boards certainly were up in arms about it if you catch my drift.:mjpls:

I never took the Will Smith stuff even remotely seriously. I remember they had to rewrite "Hancock" like 10x before he was happy. If he signed on to "Oldboy" it would be an entirely different movie.

Fred.