I need that Tony Hawk 3+4 remastered yesterday

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They could just add maps and challenges from 3 & 4 (although I'm not sure how THPS4 secret pro challenges would work:patrice:) but if they were gonna make another actual game they HAVE to remake Underground:whew:

They could throw THUG 2 in there as well since the story picks up from THUG but I aint tripping if they don't :skip:

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No more remakes or remasters
Just do THPS6 w/ a Underground type story and THPS 1-4 modes too.

You'd really need the right studio to pull it off. I don't think Neversoft is even a thing anymore but part of the secret sauce to the THPS games was that the lead devs actually had a passion for skateboarding and it translated in the game's authenticity. That along with the gameplay that anybody can appreciate made it the phenomenon it was. I was part of a whole generation of skaters that were first inspired by those games, and I've been skateboarding for over 15 years now. the people at Black Box that made EA Skate were real ones as well and they did their thing for that next generation.

Konami tried to make a THPS clone called Evolution Skateboarding on PS2 and while they actually had good pros and brands, you could tell the devs didn't really have that same passion for skate culture. Tricks had the wrong names, the maps were weird...shyt just DID NOT hit with the real skaters like that outside of the roster of Pros and the brands they had.

Skateboarding games are in a weird spot now. Gamers want the more arcadey THPS games which are fun, but actual skateboarders want more of a sim. THPS is like NBA Street and skate was like NBA2k, but they started getting more arcadey by the 3rd game. There's small titles like Session and Skater XL that have decent followings but neither titles have the devs or resources to really make something that's gonna blow like skate or THPS did. I'm interested in seeing what they do with the next ea skate game because IMO they need to make the controls more nuanced like Skater XL and session, but I don't think they'll deviate too much from the gameplay that we saw in skate 3 which was cool, but less realistic and really floaty. Also the entire city basically being a perfectly designed skatepark is :patrice:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
don't destroy my dream of living in a city with marble banks and hubbas everywhere :mjcry:

San Vanelona had the perfect balance but Skate 3's Port Carverton was like a giant Woodward map with a "streets" texture pack :russ:

The quarry was lit for the gameplay but why the fukk is there a whole skatepark & concrete mega ramp course going down the side of a quarry?:mjlol:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
@DaSk8D00D
Vicarious Visions did a great job remaking THPS 1+2. That team can handle doing THPS5, just give them a decent amount of time to develop it(at least 3 years).