I NEED HELP FROM REEL HEADS

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd get distant relatives, I thought I'd hate it and only reggae I knew was bobs greatest hits album, but it's great music, best I heard since it was released in all genres.

I'm hoping they do a second, but it didn't sell that well, so it's doubtful.

Classic to me though.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And just to add to the old head feel (30 plus :win: ) , I was watching that big pun doc the legacy today and it's amazing since like 1999/2000, this genre has more or less slowed to s stand still and even the greats from that era have dumbed down there skills to fit a new agenda.

But who cares, we bossin, we winnin, we eating, even though record sales see at an all time low :(

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
man,...go get:
balck uhuru : sounds of freedom

you will be stuck on that for a longas5 time.

it should pacify you for a few years,..alone!

plus you won't get nuffin as progressive, polished or culturally aware from
the rap genre in the future anyway. or a record as important to your life's soul and energy.

art barr

BeezyWeezy

Retired :whew:
Daps
Reppin
Florida
What really bothers me is that the young cats coming up right now can only imitate what they hear on the radio or on TV. And that shyt is straight garbage son. So the talent pool is being diluted as well. Somehow someway, somebody's gotta figure out a way to shed light on the underground shyt. The only real shyt being born from hip-hop these days.

Man, hip-hop has been on a constant fall-off for ten years. I was listening to Chronic 2001 this morning and was saying how even though that album is damn near 12 years old, it sounds MUCH better than 95% of the new shyt out right now. Damn shame man. The record companies have driven the art form into the ground.

Eh I agree with ya fam, we in the same boat on this one, and like I said in my first post, this is way I always end up falling back on the old shyt all the time, but I'm tired of not having any new music ever. Hopefully you'll be able to find some new music outta the suggestions in this thread as well then.

Below the Heavens is his illmatic, everything after that doesnt come close (or as people will tell you ) but hes got some gems sprinkled around his career.

Hmmmmm comparisons to illmatic, I'll check that off the strength of that alone!

BeezyWeezy

Retired :whew:
Daps
Reppin
Florida
And just to add to the old head feel (30 plus :win: ) , I was watching that big pun doc the legacy today and it's amazing since like 1999/2000, this genre has more or less slowed to s stand still and even the greats from that era have dumbed down there skills to fit a new agenda.

But who cares, we bossin, we winnin, we eating, even though record sales see at an all time low :(

Yeah I still fukks with some old Pun joints too. Couldn't list everything old school I fukks with just cus nikkas wouldnt have read through all that shyt and I wanted some legitimate answers. I'll def check out that distant cousins though since you the second person that suggested it.

man,...go get:
balck uhuru : sounds of freedom

you will be stuck on that for a longas5 time.

it should pacify you for a few years,..alone!

art barr

My nikka Art! I aint gonna lie, I do find some of your posts take some time to decipher :yeshrug:

But you usually have some valid points and I respect your opinion. Thanks for the suggestion, preciate it...handshake!

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
they are dong what happened in the old school way of thought era.

when sugarhill had a monopoly. now the major's have a monopoly,..it has crippled music and the culture.

back into the pagan practices of the oldschool way of thought.

which was ushered out for the new school way of thought.

returning to false defeated mantrA's has now turned back the hands and efx of time.

to the point that now rap became the fad white america intended it to.

thus making the voice of the impoverished nothing but a marginalized unheard plea for help.

just like these good ol boi and uncle tom's intended and set it up to be.

before a culture named hiphop came and almost saved the us.

till it was thwarted by the mass bombardment of sellout figures and the use of false marketing and payola. for a low quality constant revenue grab styling to
flood the market place with culturally unconnected and inferior skilled product as a science.

hat is happening is exactly where it would have been if not for the fateful day, krs showed up on that stage.

now,...the start of the ending has been restarted.

plus the general fanbase has been assimilated onto praising sellout alternative non culturized blasphemous work. as a standard, with no cultural connection to the actual music produced. now,..we are looking at hiphop's final pillar being destroyed economically as a business.

just like dj'n, breaking and graf were by the same exact practices.

that still thwarted the wherewithal of a culture prepared and educating its real members to speak on and combat.

thank the culture stealers who destroyed all of music hiphop and good major label rap music......

i will say phuck them, maul them and gouge their eyes out.

art barr

There are many sellouts but some simply enjoy treat others like shyt.

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
What else would you suggest?

Artists are still dropping dope shyt breh, it's just not as visible as it used to be.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtZ0Jdy-5DE&feature=relmfu]Phonte - Everything Is Falling Down (ft. Jeanne Jolly) [prod. Khrysis] - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps

89Cel.png

:realness_vicente:​

Last edited by a moderator:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when nas, 50 or eminem drop somethin new I listen to rap, i dont check for anybody or anything else. lupe too, i buy his sh!t when he drops. i just really heard 2 Chainz for the first time the other day and that was only because i was listening to Hot 97 because Flex was airin out power 105. i never heard watch the throne, none of wayne's albums since he was a teenager, none of kanye's albums, none of drake's albums, none of meek mills/rick ross/etc... no desire at all to download