I NEED HELP FROM REEL HEADS

BeezyWeezy

Retired :whew:
Daps
Reppin
Florida
For real brehs, music feels dead to me. I aint checked on new music in I dont know how long, and just have no desire too because it seems like a waste of time. Last album I fukked with heavy was Big Krit return of 4eva, Meek Mill dreamchasers and Watch the Throne. But besides that I just feel like everything is pretty fukking wack, I get a single every once in awhile that im feeling like 50's off and on or wait till tonight, and thats only cus one of my nikkas make me listen to the shyt when we riding around, cus I wouldn't have checked them out myself. Anyway, lemme break down what I like and fukks with:

Currently check for Kanye, Jay, 50 sometimes, Cam, Krit, T.I, Jeezy

Fall Back albums: Anything dipset or dipset affiliated (diplomatic Immunity and purple haze stay playing), 2pac me against the world, all eyez on me and Makeveli, Big ready to die and life after death, 50 power of a dollar and grodt, Nas illmatic and stillmatic, Jigga reasonable doubt, vol 2 hard knock life and blueprint, Dre 2001.

I guess my problem is I'm too content to go back and listen to my fall back albums and get all nostalgic and shyt because nobody motivates me to check for em. When I was still checking on shyt for a minute, I felt like a fukking :hamster: tryna keep up with all the mixtapes and singles and shyt, only to download the same shytty ass song on 20 different tapes. Between the songs being trash usually, and having them on every different damn tape, it's just too easy to say fack it and fall back on my go to albums.

To be fair, I haven't really checked on: Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky, Jay Rock. But I fukking hate Wiz Khalifa, Lupe and some other mothafukkers I cant think of.

So to my REEL hip hop heads, hype me to shyt that can get me excited about music again, if thats even possible since shyts looking real :flabbynsick:

BeezyWeezy

Daps
Reppin
Florida
TL : DR version:

I hate new rappers like Wiz and Lupe and feel like the genre is almost dead to me, so I end up listening to old 2pac, BIG, Jigga and dipset. Knowing that, hype me some new shyt to get me excited bout the genre again.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How old are you?

Cos I'm in the same boat Music Wise.

Last Album I loved was Distant Relatives - Nas & Damian Marley

BeezyWeezy

Daps
Reppin
Florida
How old are you?

Cos I'm in the same boat Music Wise.

Last Album I loved was Distant Relatives - Nas & Damian Marley

30 my nikka :cheers:

And I heard good things about that album, but I never did check it out :yeshrug: just too lazy and assumed it'd be like everything else I dload, playable for a week or two then disposable.

What else would you suggest?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
they are dong what happened in the old school way of thought era.

when sugarhill had a monopoly. now the major's have a monopoly,..it has crippled music and the culture.

back into the pagan practices of the oldschool way of thought.

which was ushered out for the new school way of thought.

returning to false defeated mantrA's has now turned back the hands and efx of time.

to the point that now rap became the fad white america intended it to.

thus making the voice of the impoverished nothing but a marginalized unheard plea for help.

just like these good ol boi and uncle tom's intended and set it up to be.

before a culture named hiphop came and almost saved the us.

till it was thwarted by the mass bombardment of sellout figures and the use of false marketing and payola. for a low quality constant revenue grab styling to
flood the market place with culturally unconnected and inferior skilled product as a science.

hat is happening is exactly where it would have been if not for the fateful day, krs showed up on that stage.

now,...the start of the ending has been restarted.

plus the general fanbase has been assimilated onto praising sellout alternative non culturized blasphemous work. as a standard, with no cultural connection to the actual music produced. now,..we are looking at hiphop's final pillar being destroyed economically as a business.

just like dj'n, breaking and graf were by the same exact practices.

that still thwarted the wherewithal of a culture prepared and educating its real members to speak on and combat.

thank the culture stealers who destroyed all of music hiphop and good major label rap music......

i will say phuck them, maul them and gouge their eyes out.

art barr

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Man, hip-hop has been on a constant fall-off for ten years. I was listening to Chronic 2001 this morning and was saying how even though that album is damn near 12 years old, it sounds MUCH better than 95% of the new shyt out right now. Damn shame man. The record companies have driven the art form into the ground.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop

when sugarhill had a monopoly. now the major's have a monopoly,..it has crippled music and the culture.

returning to false defeated mantrA's has now turned back the hands and efx of time.

thus making the voice of the impoverished nothing but a marginalized unheard plea for help.

till it was thwarted by the mass bombardment of sellout figures and the use of false marketing and payola. for a low quality constant revenue grab styling to
flood the market place with culturally unconnected and inferior skilled product as a science.

hat is happening is exactly where it would have been if not for the fateful day, krs showed up on that stage.

plus the general fanbase has been assimilated onto praising sellout alternative non culturized blasphemous work. as a standard, with no cultural connection to the actual music produced. now,..we are looking at hiphop's final pillar being destroyed economically as a business.

that still thwarted the wherewithal of a culture prepared and educating its real members to speak on and combat.

thank the culture stealers who destroyed all of music hiphop and good major label rap music......

art barr

:dwillhuh: do you ever make sense?

BeezyWeezy

Daps
Reppin
Florida
You should check out BLU ...his music catalog is so dope

Yeah I heard that name kicking around and ppl usually showing love for him, I'm a have to add him to the list to check out. Thanks for the suggestion fam. :cheers:

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
What really bothers me is that the young cats coming up right now can only imitate what they hear on the radio or on TV. And that shyt is straight garbage son. So the talent pool is being diluted as well. Somehow someway, somebody's gotta figure out a way to shed light on the underground shyt. The only real shyt being born from hip-hop these days.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Yeah I heard that name kicking around and ppl usually showing love for him, I'm a have to add him to the list to check out. Thanks for the suggestion fam. :cheers:

Below the Heavens is his illmatic, everything after that doesnt come close (or as people will tell you ) but hes got some gems sprinkled around his career.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
What really bothers me is that the young cats coming up right now can only imitate what they hear on the radio or on TV. And that shyt is straight garbage son. So the talent pool is being diluted as well. Somehow someway, somebody's gotta figure out a way to shed light on the underground shyt. The only real shyt being born from hip-hop these days.

so instead of giving him suggestions on dope new music you goin bytch about the state of hip hop? he wasnt asking for that breh breh

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:dwillhuh: do you ever make sense?

you are not in-tune or connected to the culture of hiphop.

just like your insignificant posting ass is no longer connected to those insignificantly wack, wanna be tag numbers at the end of your wack yoda handle on sohh.

now,...say sumfin else outta pocket and get your pockets ripped and put throughed't a table,..you b!tch as5 sellout your own race and don't know knowledge of self or the culture fake as5 n!gga.

you ain't even qualified to even read my post because you are a fake hanger in to the culture.

you not understanding the culture and people like you are the phuckin problem.

art barr

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!

art barr

Good point about KRS-One.
My Philosophy wrecked that shyt.